Chapter 13 | 🍒

Thursday

The dense wind made the bag Jisung was holding sway from side to side, knocking it against his knee. He twisted the straps around his fingers to hold it still, before continuing on to Minho's house. The older had informed him that he'd already be gone, but that a key was left in the flower beds. Jisung's wasn't bothered by this today, as it was better Minho was out of the house for the whole day; he didn't want the surprise to be ruined.

Arriving at the house, the blond found the key and opened the door, instantly calling out for Heijin and Heihyun. "Jinnie, Hyun, it's Sungie!" There was a stampede of footsteps sounding overhead as the two boys ran down the stairs. Heijin launched himself at Jisung, something normal for the older to experience now, grappling onto his torso like a baby koala.

"Sungie Sungie, you're here!!"

"Yes Jinnie I am, how long
have you been alone?"

"Oh dad left just, over 5
minutes ago maybe?"

"That's good, did you stay in your room?"

"Mhm, with Heihyun!"

The aforementioned toddler down the stairs towards them, staring down at the floor while hugging Jisung's legs. "Hey Jisung," the small boy breathed, "what's in the bag?" The blond beamed and asked Heijin to get off of him. The dark haired boy slipped down to the floor, giving Jisung a chance to show them the contents of the shopping bag.

"I thought we could make a cheesecake together for your dad, since he got his promotion." The young boys turned to look at each other, both with an expression of wonder and eagerness.

"Can we start right now?"

"Please please please Sungie!!"

"Of course we can."

The group headed for the kitchen, and after instructing Heihyun and Heijin to change into some clothes they didn't mind getting covered in flour, Jisung was able to start.

"Okay so, first we need to weigh the biscuits so we can then turn them into crumbs." The blond recited from memory— he'd made so many cheesecakes over the past 10 years that he knew the best recipes off the top of his head.

Heijin was quick to volunteer himself to smash the digestives, and as Heihyun said he was alright with measuring them, that was how the roles were to be. Jisung's searched for a ziploc bag big enough while the brunette weighed out the biscuits, his brother watching closely. Once that was done, the ingredient was packed away and secured within the bag, ready for Heijin to smash apart with the rolling pin.

Both Heihyun and Jisung especially plugged their ears as the younger boy brought the tool down upon the biscuits. It was no surprise that he wouldn't hold back, but it was so unbelievably loud for such a small child to produce. It was better for them however, as Heijin didn't leave a single large crumble of digestive left.

"Now what Sungie?"

"We are going to put that in a bowl to one
side, and move onto the cheese part."

As a team they worked throughout the morning, joking around only a tiny bit but otherwise really getting on with making the best cheesecake they could possibly produce. Jisung probably poured most of his effort into the treat, after all it was a congrats to Minho and the younger wanted it to be flawless. Only thing was that he'd chosen a baked recipe, and if the top layer were to crack the blond might as well toss the whole cake out of the window. It was a balance of anxious fluttering about the kitchen, trying to make sure nothing was going wrong, and making sure Heijin and Heihyun still got to participate in everything.