ONE AFFAIR, MANY LIES. (Chapter 5)

"Good morning sunshine
How was your night?
You slept like a baby all night"
James said as he woke me up.

"Is it morning already?"
I yarned out my reply

"Yes it is,
But don't worry, Kate is here
So work is safe too."
He smiled

"And you were drunk last night.
What really happened?
I think we should discuss that after the meeting."
He said.
"What meeting?
What happened?"
I replied with a slight shock on my face

"Ok, babe I'm sorry."
I really did mess up this time.
And I hope you get to forgive me again"

"But First things first, can you please come outside and join us for the meeting?"
He begged.

"You and who?"
I asked curiously.

"It's I, Kate, Chuks and someone I will like to introduce to you"
He said.

"Woow.
That's new.
The last time I checked, today isn't my birthday neither is it our anniversary
Or did Chuks mention anything to you?"
I asked curiously.

"Calm down
What other news does Chuks have?
Okay, just come out if you are really curious."
He replied.

"Or are you getting a second wife?"
I asked jokingly.

"In your dreams, you think I will let you off that easily.
Keep dreaming"
He replied with a smile.

"I'm dead curious."
I quizzed.

"You shouldn't, just take your time and get ready.
We will be waiting in the living room"
He replied

"And one more thing,
I love you babe.
I'm always in for your best interest at all times."
He added.

"I love you too."
I replied.

I couldn't reply the second part cause it never feels right but he didn't seem to bother maybe it's conscience or pure pride.
Nobody knows.

"And just give me 5 minutes to freshen up"
I responded with a smile this time.

"I know you meant 30 minutes, but it's all good, we will wait."
He joked.

"Just go on James
Go keep our guest company"
I said.

"Hmmm,"
I guess that should be you, if you hadn't gotten drunk last night"
He said, with a laughter, while demonstrating my movement the other night mockingly.

"Just go, big head"
I responded shyly.

I softly pushed him out while I locked the door.
I headed straight for the shower and turned the water on. Lost in thought, I quizzed myself about what could be happening and why there is a meeting all of a sudden in my house with Chuks, Kate and a visitor 'I will love to meet' in James' voice.

I said to myself in my thought:
"So James decided to bring them to our house just to apologize for cheating and since Dr Chuks is here, it's probably or most likely means that the young boy I saw is the person James wants to introduce to me".

"The son he thinks I don't know about.
That should be it right?"
I asked myself.

"Or is a family member of mine dead, cause I haven't called mum since yesterday. Maybe Dr Chuks is here to provide a grieving specialist which is who James said I will like to meet?"
This can also be a possibility.

"Or did something happened at the club last night, was my cover blown or something?
Did someone recognize me and are my pictures all over the news this morning
Oh my phone.."
I rushed out of the shower just to go get my phone just to satisfy a little bit of curiosity but on getting out, I remembered that I left it in the car.

"Oh my God, why!"
I screamed

James rushed in and saw me on towel and he was kinda quizzed on what to say cause that turns him on any day but he was calm this time and I could sense urgency in his cool and calm voice.

"Babe, what happened?
We are still waiting for you.
Go put some clothes on and stop shoving that sexy body in my eyes.
We've got serious business to discuss
No time for sex now."
James said.

That was not the response I expected but with such response, I knew something huge was about to happen that day.
So I did rush and freshen up and head straight out to the living room.

I said my hi's and hello's to Kate and Doctor Chuks before sitting down just beside James my "lovely husband", while Kate sat by my left very close to James not that I was jealous though, I'm just saying.

Dr Chuks sat just opposite us with the 5 year old boy I saw the last time. James alleged son with Kate according to the conversation that lead to me shutting down the other night.

The boy was still as calm as a dove.
I'm quite sure he did not know what drama he was about to witness but I hoped he enjoyed the show.

James started the meeting.
"Good morning guys, now it's time for our meeting.

"Babe do you trust me?"
James questioned with a smile trying his best to buy my trust and also watch me prove myself to be a fool in front of his concubine and co-conspirators.
But I gladly obliged as you can see with my response.
"Yes I do"
I responded.

"Do you also trust your friends?
I mean Chuks and Kate.  I know Chuks is more than just a family doctor to us and Kate is more than just your Personal Assistant, they've suddenly become friends we've never had."

I was looking at Kate with a smile but I was furious with rage inside and I felt like I was about to explode.

"Maybe I should just strangle her to death right now"
I muttered to myself in silence.
But I did keep my cool.
And I decided to pay attention to what James was saying instead.

"....So you should know that we've got your best interest at heart, any day, any time."
James said.

"Yes I know that"
I responded with a fake Oscar worthy smile.

"So I had a chat with Chuks and I had a proposition concerning this young cute boy sitting here.
He is actually up for adoption and I saw him and we bonded almost immediately and I will like us to adopt him while we wait on God to finally hear our cry, it's just a suggestion though."
James said.