ONE AFFAIR, MANY LIES. (Chapter 8)

Kate has been my day one ride or die. James knows that too.
If she were a male, James would have definitely asked me to sack her as it would be very difficult to convince him that we are not screwing each other.

Sometimes I wonder maybe it's the jealousy that drives him to cheat on me with her.But if jealousy is James' motivation, what could be that of Kate's?
I asked myself.

Kate has been forever ambitious just like me and also very hardworking.
She flies  business class with me at every given opportunity.
Sometimes I trust her to attend my events in my stead, especially during our last  honeymoon.

Kate makes sure she handles everything about my business perfectly and she is more like my twin and I really appreciate her.Maybe that's why it's been very hard to confront her about what she is doing with my husband. I should have given her a stern warning to leave my husband alone. Maybe I'm scared to lose her or do I just lack the balls to take big decisions these days?

I doubt it is the latter though.
I did try my best to pass a message of warning across to her one way or the other but I guess she doesn't deserve my warnings.

Back at the agency..
"Kate, come in for a second..
What's going on with you?
Hope you are good?",
I asked.

"I'm good ma'am",
She replied and I could sensed worries in her voice.

"Kate, if there's anything you want to tell me, now is the time before it's too late.
Just say it, I might be of help."
I said.

She was about to respond when a message dropped on her phone and her mood suddenly brightened up.
"No ma. I will be just fine.",
She said with a smile.

"You can go Kate. Just don't forget the things we discussed earlier. I mean business this time."
I said.

"Ok ma'am. Thanks for your concern."
She responded.

That was a good talk right ? I did pass my message across.
But I doubt if she cares anymore. Whatever the message she got on the phone was, it raised her confidence and lightened up her mood and for hours she was over-joyous.
I was happy she's better at least.
As for me, I started having boggling thoughts on how to tell my husband about my baby.
Suddenly, I remembered I had a 5 year old boy with a nanny.  

It was finally 4pm and time to go home.
I had to stop over at the nanny to pick Micheal up and also take him out to get some new clothes and toys.
I have been really worried and also feel sorry for the poor boy.
I was at the mall when a call came throug. It was James so I picked up.

"Hello babe, you need to come home right now.
Something just happened and it's not looking good.
I may be in trouble, just come home already.I can't say much on phone. Just come home."
And don't come with Toye, you should drive home by yourself"

I didn't know about you, but that didn't sound well at all. Something really huge must have happened to warrant this kind of call and it was very hard to convince Toye to let me drive home by myself that evening considering what happened the last time I drove myself but I did manage to convince him.

I got home that evening, it was around 6pm and I got the scare of my life. I couldn't believe what I saw.
James messes up regularly but that night, he outdid himself.