Dancing and moonlight

Honestly, a good part of me had wanted to fuck around with Bekah and Iona more. I also heard that Jade was interested in seeing me again, too. They were looking for a good time, and they wanted to have it with me. I was planning to meet up with them at the brothel, but there was another part of me that drew me elsewhere. The lust I had was overpowered by something else, something more: the emotional connection with someone you were really in love with. I was drawn to her like a moth to beautiful light. I sought her out, and she sought me, too. We found each other at the beach, gentle waves against the shoreline. She wore a white dress decorated with leaf motifs. Her complexion glowed beneath the moonlight, the breeze caressing her hair.

"Lucille..."

"I'm glad we met up, Khain. Really, I am." Her eyes were filled with intensity and longing.

I felt the reservation combating the longing in my heart, "Me too, Lucille... But I don't want to waste your time, so I'll get to the point. What do you want from me?"

"I want you, Khain. I know how dangerous your life is. I know the danger that follows you." And she smiled, something so delicate and sincere that it melted my heart. She held her lovely gaze with me, "But I've decided that I don't care about that. I want you. I know we've had our ups and downs... but I love you Khain. I love you so much."

Love...

I approached her. I wrapped my arms around her waist. She pressed her body against mine, her eyes fixated on mine. "I love you too, Lucille. If you're willing to meet me halfway, I'll always meet you there. Always."

And Lucille's luscious lips met mine. The taste of red wine on her lips added to the intoxication of the moment. When she drew away from, she asked me "so what now, lover boy?"

The moon was bright and beautiful. The time I had with Lucille was precious, and I couldn't know how much time I had left with her. In my head, I made another request to Her. She answered, silent but absolute.

Lucille and I began to float from the ground. I led her upwards. We stepped on the air, as if an invisible stairway were beneath us. We stopped when we were about eighty feet from the ground. We took a moment to appreciate the quaintness of the village below, the brightness of the lights, the hustle of the people.

Lucille spun me around. She looked so happy. She twirled me, and my vision danced, the sights becoming a quick blur. When I recovered, I quickly closed the distance between us. I held her close, right hand clasped with hers. I took the lead, and we danced on a nonexistent stage. The heat of her body, the thin veil of clothing separating us, the way she moved, and the way she smiled. I loved every single moment. We kept dancing as the moon continued to bathe us in light.

"This is the best dance of my life."

"Me too."

I don't remember how long we danced, but we eventually made our way to a room at the sandbar in. The room was simple and spacious, decorated with sea themed paraphernalia. Lucille sat on the bed. I pulled out a chair from a nearby desk and sat near her.

"That was incredible. Thank you for that experience."

"I'm grateful to you. I loved sharing that first experience with you."

"So then, what's on your mind, Khain? I can tell you're all lovey dovey right now. Your body language is very subtle, but I know you."

Having Lucille inquire my truth added to the tension that I had pushed aside. But if I wanted a healthy relationship with her, then, "I want you to know that I made a deal with a succubus. I needed more power, and she gave it to me. Her only caveat was that I'd owe her. She didn't explicitly state what I would owe her. All I know is that one day, she'll come for me."