R. A: Business First.

I look out the window, looking at the trees.
"I can't remember the last time I travelled by car".

Ahfan turns and looks at me. "Of course. You're always flying by plane, sometimes it's healthy to take the road".

"It takes longer, I can't believe I let you talk me into driving here".
"Driving? The driver is driving not you".

"But I'm in the car".
"It's too late now so just lie down and sleep. If we get there you wouldn't have enough time to rest so take advantage of the moment".

..

"So Mr Stevens, what do you think?" I ask him looking at the wide area of land we were standing on.

"I love it, the mall would be perfect here. The location, size and trees. I want to use that side over there for a garden, instead of cutting those trees. Thoughts?"

"It's actually really nice, I don't think there is a place like that here. You know how people love gardens, it's relaxing and some people use flowers in gardens for therapy".

"Aha! Speaking of therapy..... You know the foundation you helped a friend of mine with? Last 8 years?"

"Of course" I smile "It was my first project ever".
"Well it's finally completed".

"Congratulations, I should call him personally".
"Please do, he'll like to hear from you".

"Okay. I'll make sure I do that"
"Let's walk a little before we go"
I nod.

::

I make my way to the hotel restaurant with Ahfan walking behind me.
"I thought you were just going to talk on the phone? You have a meeting by 8pm, if you don't finish early you'll miss your flight".

"He asked to see me and just because he is done with his project does not mean I can just discard him. What if he's planning for another one?"
He huffs.

We stand by the restaurant door.
Everyone looked the same to me, no matter how I tried.
"He's the one over there by the window".

"Okay".

::

"So? How has the foundation been? And the charity work?" I ask.
He laughs "It's great but I asked to meet you here to talk about something important but it's still related to the foundation".

"Okay. What might that be?"
"I'm looking for an investor for my foundation, I have a boardmembers meeting next week and we're making everything official. Apparently the man who was supposed to be the last investor turns out to have embezzled millions so he's under investigation. I didn't know what to do until I thought of a conversation you and I had once.... You said you have always wanted to be part of something great. Would you mind being my final investor? "

" Well you're a business man Mr. Adewale, you know I can't just answer you without thinking about it carefully first".

"Of course, it's expected".
"I'll give you an answer as soon as I can".

"Of course. Take your time, I don't want you to feel like I'm pressuring you into it".

"Oh no. Of course not, it's just business and you're right... Being part of a company that stands for righteousness has always been a dream of mine".

"Maybe this is your chance of making that dream a reality" he smiles.
"Maybe".

"So? I didn't know you always help your clients this way" he says changing the subject of conversion.

"Excuse me?"
"Four men I met here are also your clients, old and new. Even the hotel belongs to your number one client".

I laugh "I don't rate clients".
"I understand admitting it wouldn't be the best course of action but everyone has favorites one way or the other".

"I hope not. I'm not interested in investing in a company where I'm either the favourite nor the least. I'd prefer things just be strictly professional and fair, I hope that is what it's going to be?"

"Of course, I wouldn't disappoint you or anyone else".
"That's good to hear".

Aleeya.

"So you're crying over him? Canceling all your appointments?" Maimuna asks angrily.
She and Zaleeha will never understand what I'm going through, they are both married. She married her high school sweetheart while the other married her cousin.

I'm twenty eight and I'm not getting any younger, yet here I am still crying over men.

"Look, he doesn't know what he lost". Zaleeha huffs.
"You don't mind losing something you never cared about" I say back.

"He will regret it, I promise you".
"I should go. Baba said I should see him when he gets back. If he calls me first I will never hear the end of it".

"We'll be right here when you get back".
I nod.

...

He hands me some files.
"I want you to look over them carefully when you have time".

"Okay but Baba what are they for?"
"From today on, anything you may need isn't on me. If you need anything get it yourself".

"Na'am? What if I want to travel?"
"Where ever it is in this world you can take yourself, that isn't up to me anymore. You're old enough to know right from wrong and you also have a job".

"But it's not the type that brings in alot of money, not enough to leave me on my own".

"When your mother died I promised myself three things. First, I'll not marry someone that will tear you and I apart or hurt you behind my back. Secondly, you'll never lack anything and by the grace of God you haven't. Thirdly, I won't spoil you, I'll teach you and show you what life is about so you don't end up dependent on me for the rest of your life. And lastly, when you come of age I'll leave you to face life on your own. Not that I'm not going to be there when you need me or wipe you tears when you cry but to let you face the world head on".

I nod. "I understand".
"That is why I personally bought shares of a recently completed company. You are now an official shareholder and an investor. All you have to do is fight for your place and don't let them think just because you're a woman means you can't rule the world, okay? "

"Yeah. Thank you baba" I say.

This man always has a way of making me feel better, I love him.

Business First!