R. A: Choices.

I look out the window.
Adnan is driving, we're just coming back from his aunt's house.

"She doesn't like me" I say.
"She doesn't like everyone".

"But she liked Kubura"
I turn around and see him looking at me "She didn't like her at first".

"But I'm not like Kubura. I can't cook and bring to her house every single day of my life"

"No one asked you to"
"She didn't have to, it was written all over her face"

He huffs "Then you read it wrong. Stop exaggerating Aleeya".

"Just drop me off in front of the Therapeutic building"

He Nods.

.

I walk in murmuring angrily.
"How dare he say I'm exaggerating?!"

I sit on my office couch.
She intentionally said it to piss me off. I hate her already.

My phone starts ringing.
I smile when I see Hafeeza's name. The woman has been helping me out alot and we're really clicking quickly.

Hello.

Hey. Aleeya how are you?

Not so good. Everything is so messed up.

I know. Maybe we can meet up tomorrow to talk?

Yes, I think I need that.

Anyway I called you ask for a favor.

Okay. What is it?

My friend has been having problems with her wife and I convinced her to come see you. She doesn't really believe she needs a therapist to solve it but she agreed anyway. Do you have time to see her today?

Luckily I don't have anyone scheduled for 2pm so I can see her then.

Thank you. It's the same woman you buy jam from.

You should have told me that. Of course I can see her. I'll text you the address so you can forward it to her.

Okay then. Bye.
She ends the call.

Damn Adnan knows how to piss me off.

.

Lisa knocks and opens the door.
"Someone is here to see you. A friend".

I smile "Send her in and please get me the DID folder from the archives upstairs".

"OK" she walks out.

Seconds later Khadija in smiling. "Hello".
"It's good to see you" I say hugging her.

"Thank you for seeing me. I know we never meet at the shop because of my busy schedules but it's nice to officially meet you".

"Me too. Please sit"
She sits "My husband is looking for a parking slot, I decided to come in first".

"We can wait until he's here but before then, when did you start having problems in your marriage?"

She huffs "Well months after our wedding, I don't even think it's was 2months when I found out he was with another woman".

"Okay"
"It's like he cannot stay loyal at all"

"Okay then"
The door opens.

And there he was Mujahid, standing by the door looking at me horridly.
I was shocked to my core.

"Aren't you going to sit?" She asks irritated.
"Sit" I say trying to sound as calm as possible.

I take a deep breath.
"So how long has the infidelity been going on?" I ask looking at him.

"For two months".
I raise my eyebrows daringly "Two months. Are you sure about that?"

He and I have been dating for over a year before he decided to break my heart. He's a liar.

"Yes I'm sure".
"And you have children?"

"Just a daughter" she replies beaming with smile the moment her child is mentioned.

"Okay. For the first step I want you two to tell me how you feel about each other as if you were telling the other about it"

"I'll go first" she quickly says "Well unlike what he says my husband has been disloyal since we got married and it doesn't surprise me that he hasn't changed his ways since he promised to. At first I was hesitant to have a child with such a man but he promised it wouldn't happen again and then I find out he's cheating on me with a married woman".

"Married? How did you find out?" I ask smugly intentionally trying to rile him up.

"She called me one day, telling me that her husband found out and she didn't want to go down alone. Despicable".

"Oh I see"
"How are we supposed to listen to a therapist who isn't even married?" he asks standing abruptly, irritated.

"And who told you she isn't?" his wife asks suspiciously.

Before I could say a word the door opens.
Adnan was standing there just realising he disturbed a session.

"You didn't knock" I say boredly.
"Excuse me I'd like to speak to my wife. Aleeya?" he calls my name calmy. He's pissed.

We walk out and I close the door.
"Yes? I have another client in 20mins and you're wasting their time".

"Why did you tell that woman at the board that we are married? I thought we had an agreement?"

"I told her before we agreed on anything".
"Really?"

"Yes. Why are you so intent on keeping our marriage a secret? Are you that shameful to be my husband? Is that it?"

He rolls his eyes "Nit now. Just don't go talking" he walks away.

He's so freaking annoying. I huff and walk back in with a smile.

I sit "Husband's, they always find a way to make thing so dramatic and yet we're called drama queens" I joke.

"Of course, like they're saints" she answers back glaring at her husband.

"Anyway, I'd like you two to try to get to our next scheduled meeting without one fight. Can you do that?"

"Inshallah" she says back enthusiastically.
"Okay, I'll see you by 3pm on Friday".

We stand. "Make sure you both make it".
"Thank you" she hugs me.

She walks out.
"Is this some kind of payback?" he asks crossing his arms.

"Why would I do that? You and I broke up months ago".

"You're still angry, aren't you?".
"I can't say I'm happy but that's all in the past. I'm married now".

He scoffs "You can't move on that fast".
"Why not? Because of you?

"I know what you're planning but my wife and I won't separate, get that?"
"I'll try as hard as I can to save your marriage. Not because of you but because that's a favor I'm doing for your wife".

He raises his eyebrows with a smirk on his face "How much are you getting paid?"

"I'm sure more than the woman you talked to instead of parking earlier".

He just stares at me "What?"
"How typical".

"Aleeya?" Adnan comes in. "You're still here? Your wife is waiting"

Mujahid looks at me and smiles "It is good to see you again. Maybe since you're married now we can make it work" he walks out.

"What's that about?" Adnan asks.
'Ugh! Please not now! ' I yell in my head.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.