R. A: Woo You.

I get up dragging my feet.
It's just 9pm but I am exhausted. I had to go to the market to get us everything we needed, it's exhausting.

I switch off the TV and start dragging my feet to my room. I meet Abba outside the living room.

"I was coming to see you but you look tired. Go and rest. We can talk tomorrow instead".

"Okay. Goodnight"
"Pray before you sleep".

"Yes sir".

.
My phone starts vibrating.
I pick it up.

Yeah?

Is that anyway of answering a phone call?

Who am I talking to?

Adnan. Adnan Dahiru.

SORRY I don't know who you are. Wrong number.
I end the call.

I get back to sleep but my phone starts ringing again.

Hello? I told you this is a wrong number.

I have you a tour and my card and yet you have no idea who I am?

Oh god!
I sit up.

Yeah. I know you mine but you don't know mine. Should I feel hurt?

No. Can I help you?

We can talk tomorrow afternoon. Just go back to sleep now.

Okay bye.
I end the call feeling so embarrassed.
Why was he calling anyway.

2 Hours Earlier.

The greatest thing about having the day off is the fact that you get to think things through thoroughly. Sometimes you think of things that has never ever crossed your mind and today I have thought about something big.

Alhaji Uthman is not only someone I share a secret with but he is also a very close friend of Baba.
   And I know him as one of the most honourable and respectable man I know.

Yesterday I blurt out his name because I know if he is the one my parents wouldn't ask so many questions and just trust my word but now that I think about it, why not make everything reality.

Let's face it, with my condition its going to be hard for me to date and get married but Alhaji Utan knows my condition and no one will know about it.

So there is only one thing left to do.

Adnan it's good to hear from you. How are you doing?

I'm doing fine, Alhamdulillah.

And the family?

They are fine as well. I wanted to talk to you about something important.

Okay. What is it?

I met your daughter the other day.

I'm glad. Hope there is no problem.

And I was quite impressed. Anyway back here I have been told that I can't move back to Kaduna until I'm married and I was hoping....

Right. I have always told Aleeya that I wouldn't force her to marry someone she doesn't accept but she spoke highly of you the day you two met.

Thank you. I realised that she seemed to be the only one who gets me even though she doesn't understand what is going on yet and I know she might not accept me because of my illness.

Your illness won't kill you and neither will it kill her. I'll talk to her tomorrow and I'll call you back when I do.

Really? Thank you so much, I really do appreciate it.

Come on. No need for that.

.
I smile.
So her name is Aleeya. I imagined it would be something like Fatima or Aisha but that is okay too.

But I really hope this isn't something I will regret later on.

I hurried to go search my unpacked suitcase, after hustling I finally found her card.

She's a therapist. Not something I would expect but it would make sense too.

.
.

I sit down eating but my mind still thinking about Adnan's call last night. I just feel something iffy about it.

"Are you eating, thinking or watching?" Abba asks when he walks in.

"All three?" I ask smiling.
"What's wrong? That was how you ate breakfast too. Is something bothering you?"

"No. Not really".
"Are you sure?"

"Hundred percent".

He sits quiet. "Aren't you going to eat?"
"Just take it to my living room I'll eat it a bit later".

"Aha! Abba said you wanted to talk to me".
He laughs "I forgot".

"So what do you think of Adnan?"
I raise my eyebrows, it's like he knew I was thinking about him, creepy.

"He's cool".
"Aleeya choose your words wisely".

"Sorry. He's okay, he's nice and calm too" I say. Honestly my opinion about him right now is that he's kinda rude and arrogant but something tells me to say otherwise.

"Exactly and that is why I decided to get you two married".

I stare at him shocked "No. I can't marry him".
"Why not?"

"He's rude and arrogant, I can't marry someone like him".
He smiles "Stop making excuses Aleeya. You said it yourself, he's calm. I didn't make you say that, you did".

"I lied. Wallahi I did".
"No more of that" he stands and walks out.

What did my mouth get me into?

.
.

I pace around my room contemplating whether to call Adnan or not.

My phone starts ringing.
Speak of the devil, he was calling me.

Aleeya?

Was that why you called me last night?

Not really. How are you?

How do you think? We're getting married. That can't be good.

Why? Am I a bad person? An eligible bachelor.

Great, he has a huge ego too. I'm bit interested.

You're twenty eight. If not now when do you plan on getting married? Isn't it better to just do what you can now? Don't worry the Daurin Aure can be done here in Abuja. You don't have to come.

You're even making plans.

That's how I live my life. Aleeya let's talk later, you're ruining my mood.

Same here!
I quickly end the call first.

How can I marry someone like that?
He really knows how to piss people off.

I feel like strangling him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.