R. A: Apologies.

I stared at my two clients.
"Khadijah can you tell me how you two met?"

She smiles "I think that's one of the reasons I'm still with this man, whenever I remember how we used to be".

I nod.
"We met at my mother's shop. My mother has a restaurant and he went there to order things for his sister's birthday while she waited in the car. He said sweet words to me and even introduced us. He was so nice to my mother and little brother. He was super romantic".

I smile.
He looked extremely nervous because unlike anyone else I knew the real story.

"And how did he propose to you?"
"Uhh. He asked me to meet up with him at his friend's food festival and asked me to marry him there. It's not like there was a ring or anything because of course that's not how things work for us but he asked me if he could come and see my parents officially. At that time we were just 6months into our Relationship".

I smile.
He looked even more nervous.

"Do you know why your marriage is shaking? Badly shaking?"

"No. What is it? Please tell me"
"The foundation of your relationship were lies, they didn't exist".

"What?"
"I have no reason to keep this from you but your husband and I were in a relationship".

"So?"
"We broke up only a few months ago. He said he did not want to date spinsters anymore, that he was married and that was why he was hesitant to make commitments".

She looked at me shocked. "What?!"
"I didn't know he was married".

"Why didn't you tell me?"
"It's in the past and I wanted to know if its possible to fix your relationship, I asked you these questions because I've always known Mujahid was a liar"

She stands up looking at me furiously.
"Stop insulting my husband. So you were just playing around with us?"

"Really? You're not interested in finding out how and why your relationship is based on a lie? Will the fact that I admitted the truth blind your thoughts? I'm now a married woman, not even slightly interested in your husband. Because if your husband hadn't broken off things with me I wouldn't have married the man of my dreams".

"Are you boasting now?"
"I'm not boasting. Your husband wasn't there to get something for his sister, she wasn't the one in the car".

He stands abruptly "I've been quiet but that's enough Aleeya".

"What are you talking about?" She asks me looking confused.

"When he introduced you two he never said 'Khadija meet my siater' what he said was 'Khadija meet....' and after you two went back to the shop he said she's his sister. But she wasn't. She was his girlfriend".

She just stares at him in shock.
"What about when he asked to see my parents? Was that even true?" she asks looking at him.

"She's lying!"
"Am I? You told me everything just so I can trust you and think you're a changed man. But you never told me the woman you played is your wife until she told me that story earlier".

"So? What about the proposal?" She asks getting impatient.

"He was forced to bring a wife or he'd be forced to marry his cousin. He said she was ugly and the girl he planned on marrying broke up with him just a day before he was threatened, after dating her for 3years.  So he decided to go for the most naive and patient person he was dating among so many. And that festival wasn't just any fest but it was his ex girlfriend's fundraising festival. He was never sincere".

"I thought you said you didn't know he was married?"

"Yeah. He told me the whole engagement was cancelled weeks later because his mother convinced his father".

She just stares at us confused.
"You really believe her? Maybe her marriage is failing and she's dragging me down with her because I dumped her".

"I thought you also said she was lying, that you two never dated? If she told the truth about that maybe she's telling the truth now".

"Do you really think I'd tell a one time fling something like that?"

She looks at me "Why would I believe you?"

"I know how it must be but I have nothing to gain from all this. The only reason I wanted to tell you is because I can't be your therapist anymore, I made that decision when Mujahid came to see me secretly yesterday but I have no other proof. Its your choice whether you want to stay with him or not, it's not mine".

"He came here yesterday?"
"Yes, you can go around to ask my secretary or the workers gere. I'm sure most of them saw him. It was hard to miss him when he kept blabbering after he left my office".

"I've always known you were a liar" he says angrily.

"Can you please take your husband and solve this somewhere else. I've done my job given my opinion but the rest is up to you too".

I huff.

.

Is it even possible for a man to stay loyal forever?

I can ogle guys but I'd never cheat on my husband, never.

I have realised that I can't risk Adnan leaving me, getting married in the first place was an opportunity from God, if not I don't see myself marrying someone like him. I couldn't even make someone like Mujahid marry me, even as a second wife.

How unlucky am I?

He was watching TV but it was muted so I don't really understand the point of leaving the TV on.

"Can we talk?" he raises to look at me "Calmly".

He nods.

"I'm sorry" was the first thing that left my mouth.

"I'm really sorry".

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Unfortunately, the next chapter will be the last! 😭
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.