Chapter 6

The after party is apparently being held at some club down the road from here, it's only about a 20 minute walk so see I no problem with Kayla and I walking down. Apparently the others don't feel the same way.

"Hey Kayla and I will just meet you there, it's only a short walk."

"Oh no you guys can ride with us." Louis replies to me although he's still looking at Kayla, so he's either being extremely rude for the sake of it or there's something going on between those two.

"Yeah it'll be fine we're almost done here and there's heaps of room in the car. No point wasting time walking, especially this late." Harry adds, looking at me expectantly and for some reason I find that I can't say no to him.

"Yeah ok if you're sure that would be great"

We wait around for about 15 minutes while everything gets packed up and the car and security for the night is organised. Harry introduces us to the security team, making sure that we know who to go to if anything was to happen and explaining that we should probably stay relatively close to them when we enter the building, just in case.

"Hey are you girls ready, we'll make our way out the back entrance now, to try and avoid the crowds you know." Liam, who is quite obviously the organiser of the group calls.

Turns out that entering out the back door had little to no effect because I was met with screaming and camera flashes as soon as I walked out. The sheer amount of noise and chaos overwhelms me and I momentarily freeze. How in the world do people deal with this attention on a daily basis? I know that I need to move, that I can't just stand in the doorway looking like a fool forever, but I can't. No matter how hard I try it's as if my brain doesn't connect to my body anymore. I start to panic that I'll never be able to move and I'll forever be stuck in front of the screaming crowd with everyone staring when I feel a hand on my back slowly pushing me forward.

"Don't worry I've got you." Harry reassures, leaning in to whisper in my ear so I can hear him over the noise. For some reason that seems to snap me out of my panic daze and I'm able to continue walking to the car with Harry's hand on my back the whole way. I don't know why but his presence managed to instantly calm me, or at least calm me enough that I could continue to function like a normal human being. How is it that someone I've known for less than a week has this effect on me? How is that Harry off all people has this effect on me?

We eventually make our way into the car and away from the piercing stares of the fans and start driving towards the club. The driver informs us that he has to make a few detours to ensure that no crazy fans follow us so the short trip ends up taking an extra 10 minutes. It gets to a point where I think it would have both been quicker and easier to have just walked. Although thinking back to earlier I doubt that would have been a good idea. I'm still coming down from the stress of the last couple of minutes.

"Hey I'm sorry about before they can be a little intense. Are you ok?"

Harry places his hand over mine in a comforting manner and looks at me with so much concern that you would think I was dying insteading of freaking out about a crowd. Is he like this with everyone or just me? Surely not. He must just be a caring person. But that's even more confusing! He's meant to be this playboy asshole, that's what the media has always said. So why is he being so nice?

"Yeah... I um I guess I just wasn't expecting it that's all."

"It can be pretty overwhelming at first, just be glad the press weren't there, that would have been an absolute nightmare."

"Why? Sorry that was rude, you don't have to answer that. It's just that when we first met you commented that you didn't like the press very much, so I was just curious."