Lured Into Darkness

Everyone in the room looks like they've either been electrocuted or just seen a ghost. Which, in all honesty, wouldn't be a surprise.

"What do we do now?" Ryan asks her.

The Doctor sees the same question written on everyone else's faces. Unfortunately, she doesn't really have the answer to that yet. But she can't let them know that.

"We go back to the TARDIS, analyse this black veiny thing on my neck, try and figure out what it is because once I know. I can fix it." She lies. She lies because they need some hope, something to cling on to. Even if it's fake.

The Doctor and the gang pass the old man lying on the floor, now a minuscule doll figure, courtesy of the Master's tissue compressor.
If only she could save everyone, she thought.

In the TARDIS the Doctor paces up and down, trying to come with a solution to an impossible puzzle. Yes, she has his key, but giving it back to him will mean he can travel wherever he wants again meaning more people will die and more chaos will erupt. However, not giving him his stupid key to his stupid TARDIS will mean dealing with ever growing, agonising pain for eternity and that will be well....painful.

The Master wants to make her feel his pain. His pain from being lied to, his pain from finding out that he was made from her and lastly, from the Doctor refusing to become him. To stand by him through death. But she wouldn't be lured into his darkness. She wouldn't side with the devil. She would not let him win.

"Your...errr...your sickness looks like it's getting worse." Yaz forces out, not wanting to remind the Doctor. "You don't have a cure do you?"

The Doctor, leaning on the control panel, drops her head down in despair. "No. I don't."

"Then you have to give him his key." Ryan states.

"I can't." She blurts, more sharply than expected. "I won't."

"Doc you gotta give him that key. You know what'll happen if you don't." Graham notes.

Ryan follows him up. "I know this is hard. But it's about weighing your options Doctor."

"Yeah. And right now, we.....as a group. As your family, think that giving him the key is your best option." Yaz finishes.

The Doctor sighs a smile. "Alright. I'll go give him his key. By myself though."

Yaz objects. "No, we're coming with you."

The Doctor shakes her head. "You can't it's...."

"Too dangerous? Then that's exactly why we need to come." Ryan adds with a grin.

"He'll kill you. Trust me. He'll either kill you or eat you alive. Not an exaggeration. Stay here. I may need a quick escape anyway. So if you hear shouting or yelling, come get me."

"Fine," Graham sighs, "now go deal with that maniac."