Your Best Enemy

She needs that cure. Her chest is tightening by the second along with a burning, aching and scratchy neck that's forming black tentacle-like veins, now up to her jaw.

The Doctor uses the torture from her sickness to push her pride aside. Just get it and leave, she thinks to herself as she slowly gets down on her knees before him. Again.

"This seems awfully familiar." She smirks.

The Master ignores her remark. "Off you go."

She takes a deep breath in. "Please Master, give me the cure....."

He tilts his head as he mouths to her the words, 'I beg you.' Just to piss her off even more really. If that's even possible at this point.

She grits her teeth as she grumbles to him. "I beg you."

His smile edges up as he draws his fingers through her hair.

"I like you this way." He murmurs softly, he's getting into her head now. She can't let him. She mustn't because she knows that if he does, there might not be any escape.

The Doctor heaves herself up, shoving away the Master's hands.

"Give it now. If have to say it again I will be very angry." She struggles out.

The Master's face goes colder seeing her breathe more heavily. He's made her suffer enough now.

The Doctor coughs again, loud and raspy.

"Alright. Stay here." He says looking at her apologetically.

He leaves her alone for a moment before bringing back over what seems to be a small syringe.

"Here. This'll cure you." He says softly, edging it closer to her neck.

The Doctor grabs his hand, stopping him. "I can inject it myself thanks."

He laughs as he nudges her hand away. "You'll end up putting it in your eye, love. Allow me."

She inspects the liquid inside. "If this is poison..."

"It's not." He states, a bit disappointedly. Of course, she can't trust him. She never will. "You gave me my key, now let me give you this key to unlock your.....ease of pain."

"That you gave me."

"And look where that brought you. On your knees....

"Not a good thing."

"...before your best enemy." He says with a twinkle in his eyes.

"You don't have to be my enemy, you know. You can be better, you can be good. You can cha....

The Master injects the Doctor before she finishes and falls asleep instantly.

"But that's not who I am. Not anymore." He mutters as he lifts the Doctor up and carries her away in his arms.