2

"You can't be

"You can't be." the blonde demon's tone was laced of shock and disbelief.

Before it could step forward to take a closer look at Amaltheia, she was pulled by her wrist and she came in face with someone's back.

Amaltheia immediately recognizes who it was. "Taeil?" she mutters.

The man she supposes as Taeil, turns his head and looks at her. "Hey, princess." he smiles before turning back to the demon.

The demon smirks upon the man's appearance. "If it isn't dear Taeil the son of Nyx."

Amaltheia furrows her brows upon hearing the familiar name. "What is he talking about, Taeil?" her hands clutching the fabric of Taeil's clothes from behind.

"Get back to your world, demon. You have no place in here." Taeil glares at the demon.

The demon could only scoff. "How are we supposed to live if we don't feed on them?" he sarcastically answers with a brow raised.

Taeil could only roll his eyes at the sarcastic remark.

He turns to face Amaltheia who hid behind him in fear. Smiling warmly at the girl to assure her safety he puts a hand on her shoulders and gives it a light squeeze. "Let's get you home." he says and turning back to the demon and glaring at him. "Don't you ever dare lay a finger on her." he says burning holes on the demon's face.

"So it is true." the demon squints his eyes. "She's the l-" Before he could continue saying the words, they have already walked away.

A smirk has formed on his lips as he disappeared into a puff of black smoke.

Taeil dragged Amaltheia back to where he knew her apartment was and he expected, a worried looking Haechan outside the building of her apartment paced back and forth— face in a frown and uneasiness is what he felt.

Amaltheia stopped in her tracks, a good distance from the latter who waited for her worriedly. She grabbed Taeil's wrist, holding the elder back. "Please don't tell him." she plead the elder.

The elder looked at the boy who was waiting and back to the girl who was begging with puppy eyes. "Amaltheia I-"

"Please!" she begged, fingers clasped together and her eyes becoming rounder when she looks up at the young man.

Taeil couldn't resist the look he is being given, a sigh of defeat leaving his mouth. "Fine. But be careful next time okay? You know that Somi and Haechan get worried easily." he points at her and

She squealed and jumped on the elder. "Thank you thank you thank you!" engulfing the elder in a bone crushing hug, Taeil letting out a thump. "Promise me, you'll be careful okay?" he asked the girl, breaking away from the hug.

Amaltheia nodded vigorously and dragged Taeil along with her to approach Haechan.

As soon as Haechan's eyes landed on them, he sighed in relief laying a hand on his chest to relieve his racing heart. "There you are." he ran to the girl and hugged her tightly. "I was dead ass worried for you since Somi called." he broke away from the hug.