4

"Chenle

"Chenle." Haechan's grip on the girl's hand tightened in protectiveness.

The red-brown haired demon chuckled and rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Fancy seeing you here, Haechan." he replied, his voice dripping with venom and bitterness as he said his name. "You summoned me, didn't you?" the latter squinted his eyes at the younger, continuing to grip on the feared girl he did not intend to drag along with him.

Chenle scoffed. "Why would I want to summon a puny God?" he walked back and forth in front of the God in disguise. His large folded black and gold wings attached to his back while his veins glowed red and gold just like his eyes did. "I had someone summon you for me." he smirked turning his back to call whoever he asked to summon the God at an hour like this.

Amaltheia becomes confused upon hearing such remarks— unable to ignore the words coming out of the demon's mouth that she has never heard of before. "God? wha- Haechan what is he talking about? You..."

Haechan closes his eyes for a second as he breathes out to keep his composure. He tries not triggering his power to transform in his true form and he's doing a good job as of the moment. "Don't believe everything they say, Theia." he pushes her behind him as some gesture to protect her.

Jaemin shrugs and smirks. "I told you they were all over her." the blonde demon pointed to the girl behind Haechan. "She was lucky that Taeil came to her rescue. If he didn't I would've sucked her blood off and gotten more powerful." he smugly stated and looking over to the girl.

Haechan growls, his irises glow gold and his free hand is balled into a tight fist that his knuckles are turning into a sheen of white and his nails are digging crescents over his palm. "How dare you. I'll make sure you never lay a finger on her!"

Amaltheia looks around all of them— her mind taking long to process everything that's happening as she holds tighter onto the God in disguise.

The half-blooded demon raised a brow at the girl who stood frozen while she tightly gripped on Haechan's hand. "Is that so?" he provokingly retorts while making slow steps towards the scared girl who had her eyes bulging out of their sockets. His hand reaching to touch her.

However, he was pushed away that the force caused him to stumble back next to Jaemin, a scoff leaving his mouth as he glared at whoever had pushed him out of the blue.

"Like he said, we'll make sure you never lay a finger on her."

Chenle scoffs again. "Somi." he growls, voice growing deeper as his irises suddenly glow a hue of gold and blood red.

Haechan and Somi gave each other a look that only they could understand and a quick nod before facing back to Chenle and Jaemin who was glaring their way.

"This is a good time for a reunion, isn't it?" Jaemin spoke, spinning the bracelet around his finger as he looked at the four.

"It's not a reunion if I'm not invited isn't it?" a purple haired demon appears out of nowhere, his folded black and gold wings leaned on the tree behind him, his side profile visible to everyone as they landed his eyes on him.