7

Amaltheia slowly gains consciousness as she woke up with her head in contact with the cold and hard concrete beneath her

Furrowing her brows as she fluttered her eyes open, an unknown pressure had pushed onto her chest as she slowly lifted herself off wherever she laid.

Her hand traveled up to touch her aching head, blinking her eyes repeatedly to adjust her vision on her surroundings.

Seeing herself on the cold floor of the sidewalk and from afar she could see the figure of a pair of black wings and another figure in white and gold.

Slowly taking in the situation, the realization had dawned upon her as she had finally seen the clear view of her environment.

She panics and immediately stumbles as she gets off the ground.

From the distance, there she sees Haechan standing with a furious look on his face, intaking sharp breaths of air and letting them out heavily as he looked as if he was letting his rage take over him.

Yangyang and Jisung had disappeared already thankfully.

Amaltheia spotted Somi surrounding the demon as well, her back on display and her intricate white outfit glowed in the darkness of the night.

Her mind contemplated whether she leaves the scene or steps in but was suddenly interrupted by her name being called.

"Theia!" the familiar voice of Jungwoo rang in her ears sending a huge wave of panic in her as she widened her eyes, slowly turning to face him.

The creatures of the heavens and the underworld were facing off at this moment and she wanted nothing more than to get her cluless human boss to safety at that moment.

However she was partially relieved when she realized he couldn't see them.

Completely facing his direction, she still had her eyes widened in anxiousness. "J-jungwoo, I thought you went home already?" she asked, slightly panicked.

Jungwoo approaches her and lowkey drags her away from the unseen scene of the heated tension between the Gods and the half blooded demon without him knowing a thing. "I left something in the shop. Come on I'll walk you back to your place." he links his arm with hers and he continuously tugs at her to walk with him with no idea what she saw and was seeing.

Amaltheia kept her brows furrowed; instead of rejecting the elder's offer, she let herself get dragged away by her boss.

Looking over her shoulder for one last time before the figures become faint and disappeared from their sight when she and her boss had rounded into a corner where the few tall buildings stood and one of it was her apartment building.

Clearly stopping at the entrance of her home, she was quiet the whole time they walked.

Jungwoo's hand still gently gripped onto her wrist. "You shouldn't be staying out near the shop at night, Theia." he softly scolded her. "It's dangerous." the concern evident in his tone when he stood tall in front of her, finally releasing his hands away from her wrist.