9 - Why You Hiding It From Me?

At Hospital

Taehyung POV

As soon as we arrived, we immediately got to Somin. I don't know her but my parents seem to know her. We couldn't get to see Inara since she was in the intensive care unit (ICU) now. We are only allowed to see her from the outside and even that for a short period of time. I really have no idea what actually happened to her but it was very heartbreaking to see her lying with the help of a breathing mask. After I checked her from outside, I went to eomma who was not far from there.

Taehyung: Eomma.. what actually happened?

Eomma: Taehyung-ah... eomma... mianhae.

I didn't say anything. I keep myself quiet. But not longer after that, I spoke again

Taehyung: Is she appo?

Eomma: Ne. Numo appo.

Appo: Taehyung...

Eomma: She's suffering from liver problems. It's been almost 3 months. She doesn't want you to know about it.

Taehyung: Wae? Did she want to divorce because of this?

Eomma didn't answer me, instead I gave them another question.

Taehyung: Did both of you know from the beginning?

Appa: Ne. We are really sorry.

Eomma: She doesn't want to burden you. She gave up everything. She wants you to become happy again. She knows you weren't happy with the marriage. She wants to see your smile. So, she thinks in that way, I mean divorcing you will give you a smile again. That she wants. Everything she did is for you Taehyung-ah. She didn't mind about her cause she said she will no longer be here. She will go. So she said, before she go, she wants to see your smile again even from far away. Then, she will be happy too.

As I heard eomma saying that, suddenly my tears fell down. I really didn't expect that all this time she really cared about me.

It's been an hours since our arrival, then eomma spoke

Eomma: You should go home Taehyung-ah. You have a schedule tomorrow, don't you?

Taehyung: Ne... but...

Eomma: It's okay. Omma is fine.

Taehyung: But.. eomma. I'm worried. How about Inara? Eomma? How can I leave you guys?

Eomma: It's okay Taehyung-ah.

Suddenly Somin interrupt us

Somin: Eomma... you should go too. Just leave me here. I will wait for Inara.

Eomma: But...

Somin: It's okay omma. You need some rest too. Appa, bring them home okay?

Appa: That's right. You both need some rest. Tomorrow we will come again.

Somin just nodded with appa's words.

Eomma: Arasseo. Take care Somin-ah. Call us if anything happens okay?

Somin: Uhmm.. Kha. Careful

Eomma: Kumawo Somin-ah.

Then we left with our heavy heart.