Chapter 11: Wannabe

The Monday afternoon, the Bellas were rehearsing, as Chloe tried to do the solo for 'Turn the beat around.'

As the Bellas hit their final pose, the new Bellas were exhausted. Lynn, luckily, only had a night class for the day and could therefore attend the afternoon rehearsels.

"I should have taken that cardio tip more seriously." Amy admitted out-of- breath.

"How much have you done?" Aubrey asked, as she grabbed her water bottle.

"You just saw it."

The leader sighed and then turned to Chloe, as Lynn decided to plump herself on the ground, with her one arm over her eyes.

'Why am I doing this to myself?'

Just as the thought passed her brain, the very reason crouched down to her with a affectionate smile and passed her a bottle of water, knowing she probably forgot her's again.

Lynn mouthed a 'thank you' to Aubrey, who patted her friend's knee and then stood up again.

Usually, the exhausted girl would take rehearsals pretty well, since she already knew the routine and her stamina has improved since joining the Bellas.

However, the night before Lynn went to bed very late due to completing an assignment and doing revision. She barely had three hours of sleep.

"Chlo, you gotta be able to hit that last note."

"I can't! It's impossible. It's because of my n..."

"Her nodes."

"Her nodes, Aubs." Lynn added, with a muffled voice, with the rest of the Bellas.

"Well, if you can't do it someone else needs to solo...LJ?" Aubrey asked her expectantly.

The girl in question was about to say yes, but remembered the phone call she had that morning with her aunt about spreading herself too thin.

"Sorry Aubs..I can't." she said while standing up.

"...I'm barely keeping up with normal rehearsals, I won't be able to rehearse on my own for a solo too." she replied honestly.

Aubrey, a bit disappointed, nodded in understanding.

"I think Beca should take my solo."' Chloe suggested.

"Yeah..Beca'll be excellent, but also..someone might be equally as excellent..and they might be shy.." Amy hinted, while Beca agreed.

"..and not want to come forward and say they wanted a solo." Amy finished with obvious implication.

The curly-haired couldn't help but pout in sympathy at the girl's eagerness.

"Well, Beca doesn't wanna solo.." Aubrey assumed, about to handover the solo to Amy.

"I would be happy to do it..." Beca cut in, earning her a look of surprise from Lynn.

"...if I got to pick a new song and do an arrangement." she continued.

There it was.

"Well..that's not how we run things here." Aubrey stated.

"Aubrey, maybe Beca has a point. Maybe we could try something new.." Chloe suggested, again.

"Aca-excuse me?!"

Silence.

Lynn started massaging her temples, feeling an argument about to come.

"You'll be singing 'Turn the beat around' and that's the last I want to hear of it." the leader instructed Beca.

"That song's tired. We're not gonna win with it. If we pull samples from different genres and layered them together, we could.."