Chapter 12: Where my girls at?

The brunette sat agitated in her seat, waiting for the airplane to take off. Lynn breathed in and out, hoping for the meds to kick in.

All the girls were scattered around in different sections of the plane, as Chloe couldn't get them all to sit close together.

She was already buckled in, since it was the first thing she did once she stored away her belongings.

'Ladies and gentleman, please fasten your seatbelt, we are about to take off' a flight attendant announced.

If it was any other time, Lynn would've probably laughed at how similar the flight attendant's uniform looked compared to theirs.

'Only for an hour..come on...' she tried to calm herself.

Some of their girls nearby were still chatting happily as the plane started taking off.

"Mmmmm.." Lynn groaned nervously as the plane shook a little.

Suddenly a hand from her right covered hers, as she was holding tightly to the seat railing. Lynn opened her one eye; sneaking a peek at Aubrey next to her, as she tried to comfort her.

"It's okay, the worst part is almost over..." Aubrey assured, with an encouraging smile.

The response she received, was her friend using her free hand to take her box of tic tacs from her jacket pocket. Chucking the sweets in her mouth, as a coping mechanism.

The blonde raised an eyebrow at her friend, "Okayyyy, then..."

"I'm softrry.." Lynn responded, with a full mouth as a few sweets also fell out, making the Aubrey bite her lip to prevent herself from laughing.

When the plane finally reached its altitude, Aubrey chose one of their favourite movies 'Princess Diaries' to watch on the mini screen in front of them, she gave the left side earphone to Lynn to share. Hoping it would calm her friend's anxiety for a bit.

Not even 15 minutes into the movie, Lynn was drooling and leaning on Aubrey's shoulder.

Looking down at her friend, she grinned, lifting up the brunette's arm and letting it drop.

She was knocked out.

Seemed the pills had finally kicked in.

Aubrey couldn't help but admire her friend. In their group she was the pillar and always tried to see the positive outlook. Something the Bella leader had trouble doing, which was why their friendship dynamic worked.

A vibrating noise, made the blonde look down on her friend's lap. Seeing the phone screen, she could see it was an alarm going off with the a caption and a note.

"Dad's birthday - Call Aunt C."

Aubrey's face dropped into one of empathy, as she carefully disabled the alarm before her friend could wake up.

Taking her friend's hand comfortingly, she followed her route and leaned her head against Lynn's, thinking a short nap would do her good.