19: Polka Dots

We went back to our hotel to get changed for the party tonight. Jason got changed in the bathroom while I got changed in the room. I was so looking forward to tonight.

I was in my navy jumpsuit with the colourful polka dots dotted all over and had just finished applying all my makeup. I was currently straightening my hair when Jason came out the bathroom.

"Wow" Jason exclaimed, his eyes darting my way.

I raised my eyebrow looking over at Jason in his navy long sleeved shirt, sprinkled in polka dots, paired with black trousers, his hair slicked back to one side "You don't look so bad yourself" I smiled, giving Jason one last look over before getting back to straightening my hair.

"Seems like we're matching" Jason commented, coming over to my side, looking in the mirror.

I chuckled, noticing how we were both in polka dots. "Looks like it" 

"Great minds think alike" Jason commented, smiling at me in the mirror. My stomach fluttered as he smiled at me. I had to focus on getting myself ready. "I don't think I'll have any trouble finding you if you ever get lost. Your colourful dots will lead the way"

"They're not that bright" I scoffed, looking down at my jumpsuit. Sure, there were lots of colourful spots dotted about the dress and of course I wanted to stand out. Otherwise, Liz would kill me if I went with anything dull.

I finished straightening my hair and stood up, checking myself once over. My sleeveless jumpsuit showed off my toned arms from my time at the gym and the baggy trousers made my legs look longer than they actually were.

I ran my hands through my hair, making sure each strand was in place. Jason could see me fussing and placed my hand in his "You look great" he reassured me.

"Yeah, but- "

"No ifs or buts. Trust me, when I say you look amazing. You should ask Liz; I never say that to just anyone". I giggled, feeling my face heat up at his compliment. "Anyway, we better go, everyone should be down at the lobby by now"

"Okay, but first, let me take a selfie" I laughed to which Jason just rolled his eyes. I took a mirror selfie, ensuring my jumpsuit could be seen in the full-length mirror. Once I was satisfied, I ushered Jason into the picture "C'mon, let's take another selfie. It's not often we get to dress up"

Jason complied, first taking a picture of us side my side in the mirror, then another of us sticking or tongues out. That one we would have to send to Liz. The last picture we took, the camera was vertical, so we could see ourselves in the full-length mirror. Jason wrapped his arm around my waist, my smile unable to hide my feelings in that moment, as Jason smiled down at me, creating a picture-perfect moment.

After our little selfie session, we made our way down to the lobby, my body on fire from where Jason had placed his hand. My stomach was erupting in butterflies and I had to bite my lip from smiling so much.

I obviously wasn't as good at hiding my smile as I thought I was as Daniel zeroed in on me as soon as we arrived in the lobby. "What's got you all smiley?"

I shook my head "Nothing, just excited to get this party started"

Daniel looked over to Jason, who was busy talking to another colleague and then back to me, raised an eyebrow and didn't say any more on the matter.

The columns of The Dome stood tall, looking magnificent against the modern buildings round about. But inside was even more glamorous. The chandelier hung above us, shining brightly. The marble flooring below showed how elegant the place was. The air filled with chatter as people let of steam after a hard day's work.