Epilogue

The sun beat down on us as we walked up towards the castle, the magnificent building towering over us. All the memories came flooding back of the last time I stood here. Jason smirked down at me, obviously thinking the exact same thing. My stomach bubbled with excitement as the entrance stood before us. I was so excited to be visiting here again, with Liz and Ian in tow this time.

"Okay, I see why you kept on raving about this place" Liz nodded, taking in the building in front of her "It's pretty amazing"

"Wait until you see inside. It's even better" I grinned.

"I bet it is" Ian shook his head, not quite believing we were here.

We had just come from a week of exploring London in which we had the most amazing time. We had gone on the London eye, visited Big Ben and even Buckingham Palace. We even managed to fit in a trip to Liverpool, where we visited The Beatles Museum and took a lot of pictures of The Beatles statues dotted around the place.

We had another week left of our holiday, which we were going to use to explore Scotland. Not only were we visiting Edinburgh, we had also been recommended to visit the Highlands, which was supposed to be even better. The scenery there was said to be out of this world and there was supposed to be some amazing ski slopes out there too. I just had to try and convince the others to try them out with me.

We had planned to visit all the Harry Potter spots while we were in Edinburgh, but Jason and I insisted on visiting the castle first, just for old times sake. I couldn't help but smile when I looked at the spot where Jason told me all that he felt and remembered the time he called us the royal couple when he thought I didn't notice.

"It feels like a lifetime since we were here last" Jason smiled, taking in the scenery of Edinburgh before us like it was the first time we were seeing it.

"I'm so glad we got the chance to come back here again" I said, the green hills taking all my attention.

"Okay, okay, I get it you guys. Edinburgh holds a special place in your heart, blah de blah de blah" Liz groaned, rolling her eyes.

"Do we really go on about it that much?" I winced, feeling kind of bad that I spoke about it a lot. But Liz was right, Edinburgh did hold a special place in my heart, that would never change.

"I'm sure you'll feel the same way about it soon" Jason grinned, glancing over at Ian, who had turned around, looking anywhere but at Liz.

"I'm sure I will" Liz shook her head, taking no notice of Ian's weird behaviour.

We continued exploring the rest of the castle, Jason and I acting like annoying tour guides, pointing at everything and telling Liz and Ian every little detail about the castle. I think we had annoyed them so much, that they ended up leaving us to go explore on their own.

"Out of this whole trip, this has been my favourite part" I smiled, leaning into Jason. We had made it to the top of the castle, overlooking the beauty of Edinburgh. No matter how many times I would come here, this view would always take my breath away. The green of the hills shined under the glowing sun, the clouds parting way to show the bright blue sky.

"This castle holds a lot of memories for us doesn't it? Without it, we wouldn't be here, right now, hand in hand, strolling along happily" Jason mused.

"Well, you would have eventually realised you were in love with me with or without the castle. I'm just that irresistible" I teased.

Jason chuckled "I suppose one way or another you would have eventually found a place in my heart. But I'm glad it was here. Any excuse to come and visit Edinburgh"

"You're too sweet" I blushed. Jason turned around to me and kissed me, longingly on the lips. "What was that for?" I bit my lip, finding Jason's change in behaviour strange.

"Rosie, I love you" he smiled "And I'm so glad that we came here last year. It was here that I realised that I loved you and wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. This past year has been amazing, even with all its ups and downs. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us and I hope you feel the same way too. I just have one question to ask you"

He pulled out something from his pocket, noticing upon closer inspection that it was a velvet box. I gasped as he knelt down on one knee and opened the box, producing a ring. "Rosie Kassel, will you marry me?"

I shrieked in surprise, my face blushing as the onlookers gawked in excitement. My sole attention was on Jason, beaming as he looked up at me. I knew there was only one answer to that question as I smiled in response. "Yes, of course I will". Jason stood up and hugged me, spinning me around as the onlookers clapped. I took Jason's face in mine and kissed him, not caring about everyone looking at us. "I love you. I can't believe you just did that, but I love you"

Liz came running behind me, screeching in excitement about something. She raised her hand to me, showing a glittering ring on her ring finger. "You'll never guess what just happened" she screeched.

"I can take a wild guess" l laughed, showing her my hand, which also showed my own ring, standing proudly on my ring finger.

"What? This is crazy" she screamed, hugging me as she jumped up and down.

"Now do you believe me when I say that Edinburgh is magical" I chuckled.

"I've never believed in magic more than I have now" Liz grinned.

"I think we've got this adulting stuff nailed down, wouldn't you say?"

"Oh, I think we're only just getting started" Jason laughed, taking my hand in his.

Something I knew for sure, with Jason and Liz in my life, life would always be full of surprises.  

---------------------------------------------------------

Awwwww, this was super cute. I'm so going to miss writing about Jason and Rosie, I've so loved writing about them. Maybe someday I'll write some bonus chapters just to check in and see how their doing. 

Thank you all again for reading this. It's been so much fun writing this and I hope you all enjoyed it just as much. 

Much love x