20: Fairy Tale

It was safe to say that the next morning was no longer awkward between us. No words were spoken between us as we got ready for work but were instead replaced by smiles and little kisses here and there.

Last night after the castle, we were both exhausted from the day's events. The party had tired us out, so we went straight to sleep, cuddling in each other's arms. This time, waking up in Jason's arms was a very welcome sight.

Today, it was back to normal as we had to go into the office to continue with our work. As much as I would have loved this to have been a holiday, this was still a work trip, and work still had to be done.

Luckily, the office was flexible in what time we came in today, considering it was a late night for everybody. Walking into the office, it was obvious that most staff were glad for the flexible hours. The once bustling office was now still. Most people had arrived, but there were several coffee cups lying around, everyone still feeling the effects of last night.

I knew that if I sat anywhere near Jason, I would get distracted, so I purposefully sat away from him, Jason's pout making me rethink my decision, as I knew I would have had a lot to catch up on . "Hey, don't give me that look. I need to get my work done. We can meet up at lunch" I scolded, smiling at the same time.

"Fine" Jason huffed "I get it. My good looks can be distracting"

"Don't forget, I have that video of you twerking" I smirked.

"Okay, I'm going, I'm going" he chuckled, raising his hands in defence.

At least I got one distraction out of the way, the other one I wasn't too sure about. My desk was facing the window, right in the eyeline of the castle. Today was a beautiful day, rare, according to Aisha. The bright blue sky highlighted the castle on top of the rocks it sat upon. Maybe knowing I would be visiting the castle later today would allow me to concentrate on my work.

It worked to some extent but there were times when my attention would be taken by the magnificence of the castle. Before I knew it, it was lunch time and Jason was by my side in a flash "Ready for lunch milady"

"Someone's eager" I laughed.

"I'm just hungry"

We walked outside, the nice cool breeze refreshing, as we went down to a local café not too far from the office to have our lunch. The café bustled with the lunchtime rush, reminding me of the café back home.

"How quiet is the office today?" Jason laughed as he took a sip of his coffee.

"I guess everyone is still slightly hungover. You can hear a pin drop in that office"

"Seems like everyone had fun last night. I know I did" he smiled.

I smiled, the memories of last night flooding back. I think if there was one word to describe last night, it would be magical. My heart fluttered as I watched Jason smile across from me. Never in a million years did I ever imagine that I would feel the way I felt about Jason, but for some reason, it happened, and I couldn't have been more elated about the whole situation.

"So, are you ready for tonight?" Jason asked. Tonight, we were planning to finally explore Edinburgh castle. We only had a couple more days here and were planning to explore as much as possible before we left.

"I'm looking forward to it. It'll be nice to finally see the inside of the castle this time" I joked.

Everyone else had their own plans in the evening, leaving Jason and I to explore the castle. I was kind of glad for that, as that meant I had some alone time with Jason. We entered through the archway, the Scotland coat of arms atop with the flags swaying in the wind.