Opposites

The next day, Katara and Zuko were joined in the living room once again. They shared a pot of Jasmine Tea, and listened to music on the radio.
"I miss going outside," Katara said softly.
"So do I." Zuko said too.
"When do you think we'll get out?"
"Ahh, give it a week or two."
They didn't talk much after that. They just sipped their tea, and hummed along to some of the familiar tunes.
A slow song came on. Zuko knew this song very well. He stood up, and had his hand stretched out to Katara.
"May I have this dance?" He asked.
"Yes, you may." She answered, smiling.
She took his hand, got up, and held him close. The two started swaying to the music. They danced together. Zuko's hand was around her waist, the other holding her hand. Katara's head was rested gently on Zuko's chest.
Katara didn't know what she was feeling. She felt like a young girl again. She hasn't done this in so long, and now, she's remembering the steps with an old friend.
"You know," Zuko said, "the theme of this dance is 'opposites.' Once I step forward, you step backward. When you turn to the left, I turn to the right, and so on."
"Opposites," Katara repeated. "Forward, backward. Left, right. Up, down."
"Water and fire." Zuko continued. "Moon and sun."
"Getting figurative now, are we?" Katara smirked, and looked up at Zuko for a moment. Then, she put her head back down on his chest.
"Where has all the time gone?" She asked, feeling her time was running out. She thought back on her life, and felt happy. She loved her family. She loved her friends. She loved her life. But now, as she moved slowly back and forth in the arms of a good old friend, she knew that in her life, there is only one big surprise left.
"It all went by so fast. But it also seems like ages ago." Zuko said. "I used to think my life ended when my father banished me. Who would have thought that that was when my life began?"
"Destiny is a funny thing," said Katara softly.
The song ended, and just as it did, Katara and Zuko bowed to each other, and let go of each other's hands.
There was a sudden applause coming from behind them. Jinora and Kya were there, clapping.
"Were you girls there this whole time?" Katara asked.
"We've seen enough." Kya said.
"We were going to ask if you know where Dad is." Jinora said. She had a wide smile.
"I haven't seen him." Katara said. "You can join us here if you'd like."
"No, thanks. We're looking for Dad." Jinora told them.
"Have fun you two!" Kya called out while walking away with Jinora.
Katara and Zuko were alone again. They didn't speak for a long while. The music is the only sound.