Great News

Early morning the next day, all those who left to fight Zaheer and the Red Lotus came back. Each of them had their own injuries. Some scratches, some bruises.
     Izumi was the least injured, given that she was in a warship, protected by royal guards. Being the firelord didn't allow her to put herself in that kind of danger. She helped all the others get comfy inside the bunker.
     Everyone was exhausted. Izumi made sure everyone was resting in the living room. Opal, Jinora, and Katara who were still in their night clothes, rushed to help the injured.
     "Tenzin, my dear, what happened to you?" Katara said, full of concern for her son. Tenzin had a cut on the side of his forehead, and a black eye. He was also clutching his waist, indicating he had an injury there too.
     "Oh, it's just a scratch, Mother." Tenzin assured.
     Katara rushed over to get a pale of water to start healing everybody.
     "Jinora, get Toph and the twins. I'll need help healing all of them." Katara said.
     Jinora quickly went to get them. Zuko came, holding the first aid kit awkwardly. He rushed over to his daughter, and asked how he could help.
     Toph and the twins appeared in the doorway, along with Jinora. Katara stood up and gave them tasks to do.
     "Toph, make a big enough dent in the floor to fit three people. Eska, Desna, get enough water to fill the recess in the floor, then attend to people with minor injuries when you're done. Jinora, Opal, I'll need your help to airbend the injured into the water since we don't have the strength to carry them." As Katara finished giving orders, everyone went to work. Katara barely even noticed her firstborn, Bumi was there with them.
     "Bumi, when did you get here?" Katara asked as the young airbenders were placing Tenzin, Lin, and Su into the water.
     "Aw, Mother, I couldn't let Kya and Tenzin get all the credit. I am a military man after all." Bumi said, as Kya was healing his minor injuries.
     "Kya, are you sure you can handle that?" Katara asked, worried that Kya herself might need healing.
     "I got this, worry about the others." Kya replied.
     Katara looked over at Tonroq, who was being healed by the twins, and at Zuko, who was bandaging Izumi's arm. She got scratched in the warship. Then Katara turned to the three who were in the water.
     Katara raised her hands and started waving the water back and forth, healing them. Lin was barely conscious.
     "Must have been some fight," Toph said, looking concerned about her two daughters. "You guys were outside for hours."
     "We went to Republic City and back here," Izumi explained. "Once we pinned Zaheer down, we got him onto the airship and flew him to his prison right away. Lin fainted, not wanting to admit how hurt she was."
     "Yep, that sounds just like my Lin." Toph grunted.

—————

     A few hours later, everyone was feeling much better. Lin was fully conscious again, and everyone was back on their feet. Still a little bit knocked up, but way better.
     Tenzin was sitting on the floor, legs crossed, sitting straight. Katara was seated on a chair beside him, still healing his head injury.
     "Are you okay, Daddy?" Jinora asked.
     "I'll be fine, Jinora. Your Gran-gran is doing a good job healing." Tenzin replied, trying to keep Jinora from worrying.
     Opal and Toph were talking to Lin and Su, making sure they were alright. Lin seemed to be extra grumpy.
     "Anything interesting happen to you guys while we were out?" Bumi asked, intending to lighten the mood.
     "Well..." Jinora started to say as everyone was looking at her. "Zuko and Katara are getting married."
     "What?!" Tenzin said, bewildered, suddenly getting up. Everyone else gasped and stared in disbelief.
     "Did I just hear that right?" Suyin asked.
     "Well, they were making googly eyes at each other the whole time." Toph said. "We just gave them a push in that direction."
     "You helped do this?" Lin asked, surprised. Toph just nodded and smiled, obviously proud of her work.
     Tonroq was surprised too, but didn't say anything, suspecting this was a family matter, and he was in no place to give his opinion. He just looked at Eska and Desna with an eyebrow raised, looking for confirmation. The twins nodded simultaneously, which was all the confirmation he needed.
     "Well, I think it's lovely." Izumi said. A bit weird though, she thought to herself.
     "I knew you'd come around, Mom." Kya said, giving her approval.
     "Wow." Bumi said. "When I asked if anything happened, I certainly wasn't expecting this. But, as long as you're happy, Mom."
     "Ah— But—"  Tenzin strained to find words to explain what was going on in his head. Everyone was getting worried Tenzin would just burst.
     "Dad?" Jinora asked, feeling her father would disapprove.
     "Well, if that's what makes you happy, Mom." He finally said. He walked over, and hugged his mother lovingly. "Welcome to the family, I guess." He said to Izumi and Zuko.
     "THIS CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION!" Bumi boomed.
     As everyone was moving into the dining room for a big dinner, Jinora walked out with Tenzin, holding his hand telling him how excited she was.
Suddenly, a palace guard ran up to Izumi.
"Firelord Izumi, you have a visitor," he said breathlessly.
"Who?" Izumi asked. She was not expecting anyone.
"The Earth Prince, Your Majesty." He said.
Izumi ordered them to let the Earth Prince in. It appeared that the young monarch had no purpose for being there. It just clandestinely made him feel important. Others were fazed that he showed up so late. He came later than Bumi, who came all the way from Air Temple Island, whereas the prince just came from Ba Sing Se.
The prince said he was inspecting the Earth Palace as all the raiders were kicked out, and the Upper Ring has been secured. Not that anybody asked.
Despite him being there for no apparent reason, they invited him to stay for dinner.
     Jinora, Opal, and Toph recounted to everyone the story of how they got Katara and Zuko to confess to each other how they truly felt. The elderly couple just smiled.
     It wasn't long before everyone started pitching in their ideas for the wedding.
     "We don't want a big crowd. Family is the main priority." Katara said, pertaining to the guest list.
     "I'll call Iroh and aunt Kiyi." Izumi said.
     "Can I invite Bolin? Can he bring Mako and Asami?" Opal asked.
     "I'll bring all my boys," said Suyin.
     "I'll notify Pema to bring the kids." Tenzin offered.
     "Can Kai come?" Jinora asked Tenzin.
     "I'll think about it." Tenzin said flatly.
     "Cheifs, you three are invited too." Zuko told Tonroq, Eska, and Desna. "Bring your family."
"Am I invited too?" The prince interjected.
"Well," Zuko hesitated. He barely even knew the man. "Sure, I guess."
     The conversation went on and on into the night. Everyone enjoyed the topic, it seemed. With the exception of the prince's babbling here and there. The night was filled with laughter, singing, and at some point, dancing. It was a fun night for everybody.