Vows

The wedding ceremony was only a few minutes away. The guests had all arrived, everything was set, and on hold. They were all just waiting for the bride.
     Tenzin was with his family, having a last minute conversation before the ceremony started.
     "Too bad Korra isn't here." Jinora said.
     "Chief Tonroq said she's recovering back at the south pole." Tenzin explained. "It is a shame that she isn't here, but she needs time for herself right now."
     "It's alright," Meelo said. "I know Korra lost connection with Grandpa Aang, but it's better that his Avatar Spirit isn't around at his wife's wedding."
     Everyone looked at Meelo, unsure how to respond.
     "Must you make everything weird?" Ikki asked him.
     "We must be going now." Tenzin said, giving Pema a kiss. He took Ikki and Meelo and they walked to the back where they continued to wait for Katara.
     "Quickly! It's about to start." Pema told them as the walked away.
     The crystal catacombs were lovely. They tried to keep it on a low budget, even if money wasn't a problem. The earthbenders arranged the crystals to look more sophisticated rather than being scattered around.
     The crystals gave the room a green glow, which didn't bother Zuko or Katara. The seats were long wooden pews decorated with blue and red ribbons.
     The carpet in the middle was white, with lace on the sides. There were fire columns on each side of the aisle, which were aligned with every second pew.
     On the far left of the pews was the stream of water flowing, providing the place with calm sounds. On the opposite side, the far right, was the orchestra, already waiting to play any minute.
     At the front of the whole set up, there was a raised platform to provide the audience of a better viewing angle. There was an elegant arch on the platform. It was decorated with red and blue poppies, and at the top of the arch was a symbol of the sun and moon fused together.

     Zuko was standing at the foot of the raised platform, facing the end of the aisle

     Zuko was standing at the foot of the raised platform, facing the end of the aisle. He was waiting for his bride. He turned to look over at his guests who were seated.
     Lin and her entire family occupied two pews at Zuko's left hand side, leaving the first row empty for the best man and groomsman. To Zuko's right, the air nomads occupied half a pew, also leaving the first row empty. The other half being occupied by the water tribe chiefs, Senna, and the Earth Prince.
     Behind them, however, was seated one other person, who had just arrived. Zuko considered how much time he had left before the people start walking down the aisle. He decided he had a few minutes left, so he hurried over to the newcomer.
     "Kiyi! I'm so glad you made it." Zuko said.
     "Hello, Zuko! Sorry I didn't make last night's festivities." His little sister said. Kiyi and Zuko shared the same mother. Kiyi was born after their mother has been exiled. The two met shortly after Zuko became firelord, during Zuko's quest to find his long lost mother.
     "It's alright, what's important is that you're here now." Zuko replied.
     "Of course! I wouldn't miss my big brother's second wedding."
     Suddenly, the orchestra began to play music. Zuko quickly went back to the front, and patiently waited as everyone walked down the aisle.
     First came Ikki, the flower girl. She walked gracefully, carrying a basket of flower petals. She scattered the red and blue poppy petals on the floor with each step.
     Meelo came up next. He was a dashing little ring bearer. He held up the pillow with the rings with pride, and gave a smile while walking.
     Up next was the best man and the maid of honor. General Iroh and Kya walked down the aisle as a pair. Kya holding a small bouquet. Once they reached the front, they separated, Iroh going right, and Kya going left.
     Tenzin and Izumi came next, also as a pair. Izumi also held a bouquet as she and Tenzin repeated the steps of the first pair.
Finally, Katara and Bumi came walking down the aisle. Zuko stared in awe. Even in their eighties, Katara still looked stunning. The music changed ever so slightly as the bride walked towards the groom.
Katara wore a simple white knee-length dress. The only accent was a blue lining at her waist. The torso portion of her dress was laced with simple, yet beautiful arrangements of wavy lines.
The bride's bouquet was unique, and different from all the others. It was a beautiful combination of Fire Lilies and Moon Flowers.
Once they reached the front, Bumi gave Katara away, took Katara's bouquet, and sat down beside Tenzin. Zuko took Katara's hand, and both of them walked up the platform, where a minister was waiting.
"We are gathered here today to celebrate the love between this lovely couple, and the fusion of two cultures," said the minister. "Today, they prove to us that love has no limits. They show us that even in old age, love still conquers, and that there truly is a right time for everything."
"Now, for the vows." The minister said, giving the floor to Zuko.
"If I'm being honest, I don't exactly remember the time I first laid eyes on you." Zuko told Katara. "I would say that I wish you would forget the moment you first met me, but you were one of the first people to see the good in me. You knew how stubborn I was back then, but you believed that I could be better. Right here in these catacombs. You were there for me in my times of conflict. Today, I promise you that I will be here for you when you need someone. I promise to make you feel special, and loved. I will do my best to make sure no harm comes your way, and I promise to love you unconditionally for the remainder of our lives."
Zuko finished his vows, and slipped on Katara's wedding ring onto her finger.
"You've come a long way from the awkward and conflicted boy I met when we were kids. When my kids asked me to go into that bunker, I would have never thought that I'd be coming out engaged. Being with you made me feel a lot of things I haven't felt in a really long time. I felt as if the clock suddenly rewind and I was a teenage girl again. At our old age, I don't really have a lot to offer. Not to mention, you're royalty. But I can give you me." Katara finished saying her vows, and put on Zuko's wedding ring.
"Do you, Zuko of the Fire Nation, take Katara as your lawfully wedded wife?" The minister asked.
"I do." Zuko replied.
"And do you, Katara of the Water Tribe, take Zuko as your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do." Katara said happily.
"Then I now pronounce you, man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."
Zuko kissed Katara on the lips, for the first time since they were on Ember Island as teenagers. The crowd burst into applause.
"I knew it was only a matter of time," said Toph quietly as she made her way to the front to congratulate the newly wed couple.
Each family took turns taking pictures with Zuko and Katara. Once everyone had their photo taken, everyone moved out from the crystal catacombs, to the palace dining hall.
Meelo airbended himself into General Iroh's arms, and asked, "Does this mean we're cousins now?"
Iroh smiled. He was amused by Meelo. He knew he could get used to calling him family.
"Yes, it does." General Iroh replied.