14

after finding out that my new soulmate is calum hood, management wants me to do an interview to clear the air.

"so harry and niall aren't your soulmates anymore?" the interviewer asks and i shake my head.

"correct."

"remember what we practiced." my manager whispers and i try to keep my composure.

"do you ever miss them?" the interviewer asks, causing my heart to break a little bit.

"sometimes." i blink the tears away.

"do they know?"

"no, it's alright though." i smile softly.

"harry's new album, 'fine line', are you ready?" she asks and i nod.

"i'm excited."

"are there any songs on there about you?" she asks, smirking and raising her eyebrows.

"no, i don't think so." i smile, shaking my head.

"oh." her smile fades as mine does the same. if tension could kill, everyone in this room would be dead.

"i'm ready for it though."

"so harry is in a new relationship. how do you feel about that?" she asks and i feel my heart skip a beat at the news.

"don't slip up. you know what to say." my manager hisses and i suck in a sharp breath before responding.

"i'm happy for him." i smile, making up an answer on the spot.

"calum hood is your new soulmate, correct?" she asks and i nod.

"yes."

"and you two grew up together, correct?" she asks and i glance at my manager.

"stop looking over here." she hisses and i flinch.

"yes." my voice cracks.

"how is that going?" the interviewer asks and i smile softly, putting on my media act.

"it's alright." i wonder if they know it's fake.

•••

"any final things you want to say about harry or niall?" the interviewer asks as the last question and i sigh.

"if they're happy i'm happy."

i smile softly before standing up and being escorted out by my manager.

"we'll talk later." she angrily states, clearly not pleased by my choice of answers.