26

"you're beautiful, like cleopatra." logan, my fake boyfriend smiles as we look at the candy selection in the store.

"back at you." i smile.

i met him through my management because they want me to use him as a distraction from harry.

"so why did you dye your hair red?" he asks, walking with me out of the store.

"i'm very cherry bomb." i respond, not really knowing what it means myself.

"you're too good to be true." he shakes his head and i laugh.

"right." i don't feel much of a connection with him. or at least not the same connection i had with harry.

"do you still talk to harry?" he asks and i shake my head. "but he's your soulmate."

"yeah..?" i furrow my eyebrows.

"so you just don't talk to him?"

"nope." i shrug.

"maryah..." he says my name like it hurts him.

"yeah?" i ask, turning to face him.

"i don't think this is going to work. since it's a fake relationship." he sighs and i feel my body go cold. who knew fake breakups hurt just as bad as the real ones.

"right."

he walks away and i feel my phone vibrate. perfect timing.

harry styles tweeted: "wondering what you're telling the moon tonight."

my eyes widen at the sight of the tweet and logan notices.

"what are you looking at?" he asks, trying to look over my shoulder.

"nothing." i shake my head.

"are you su-" he asks again and i interrupt him, raising my voice.

"get me out of this place."

before he can respond, my phone vibrates again.

harry styles tweeted: "you're so golden."