Work.

A bit extra-long chapter for the support, thank you!!!!❤️

(L/N) (Y/N), Musutafu, 21

Before opening my eyes to the sunrise, I stretched out my arms, hitting the bedboard which caused me to jolt my arms away from the board.
Opening my eyes, Hawks wasn't next to me in the bed. Sitting up straight, I notice the red feathers in the corner of my eye. My eyes laid on the man as he was wearing his tan pants, black shirt, and now putting on his coat.

"You awake birdie?" The blonde man turns around and looks at me.

"Yeah, what time is it?" I asked with a yawn following. Standing up, I looked around the room as I stretched a bit more with my arms up and on my tippy toes.

"About 9:47, don't you need to get to work?" The realization hits me, I needed to get to the club by 10:30!
I sprinted out of Hawks bedroom and went to my duffel bag that was still lying down next to the couch. My daughter was still asleep while Hawks followed me to the living room as I rummaged through my bag.

"Does your daughter go to school?" I hear Hawks ask from behind.
I stopped rummaging through my bag and looked at the man behind me.

"Um, she doesn't go to a school around here, so I guess she'll stay here for the time being," I explained. Hawks made a small 'O' shape with his mouth, heading into the kitchen area while I continued to search my bag.

Finally, I picked out a clean white button-up with some ripped jeans and clean undergarments. Taking out my toothbrush and a small tube of toothpaste with me
'Imma need to help Hawks with the laundry if we're staying here.' I tell myself, looking over at the red-winged man that was cooking something on the stove. I smiled slightly and walked into Hawks's bedroom.

"I'm changing in your room!" I shouted from his room, only hearing a faint 'Okay' from his end.

I changed out of my torn up tank top and leggings, changing out of my old undergarments too.
After putting on my bra and underwear, I noticed that my wings were growing as I could flutter them slightly. Finishing up my usual routine, I rushed out of the room to the kitchen.

"Smells nice," I say, slowing down as the smell of bacon and eggs filled my mind.

"Yep, I'll save some for Hinata when she wakes up." Hawks said with a calm voice. I really admired how he was always so calm and relaxed during such stressful situations. That and I haven't really seen him during a fight with him and a villain very much.

"When do you go to work?" I asked, digging into the plate of eggs.

"Anytime I want really, but I can go later until Hinata wakes up." Hawks explained. I swallowed my food and turned to him.

"Y-you don't have to do that, I can stay until then and then go to work," I insisted. A small chuckle came from the blonde man as he looked at me.

"You're working for Misaki, right? Well, she's not a patient person, and it's your first day on the job so I don't want you to be late. Besides, I can go to work whenever I want, the perks of being an owner of a hero agency." I smiled as Hawks smirked, his cocky self was pretty amusing to me.

"Okay, thank you." I thanked the man, continuing to eat my food.

As I finished my plate, I helped clean up before heading out.

"Bye, thanks again, I'll see you guys tonight," I say, waving goodbye to the blonde man and kissed my sleeping daughter, only wincing at my action.

"Okay, time for work," I say with determination, walking to the directions of the club.

~Hawks~