Goodnight.

Hawks, Musutafu, 23

"Please don't take my sunshine away.."

I watch the (H/C) girl as her eyes gazed upon the child that was slowly falling asleep.
The lyrics of this lullaby were cheering to me, considering that Hinata's name meant 'Towards the sun' but with the bitter tone of the last verse, it was (Y/N)'s anxiety from earlier come through.
She was so scared to lose her daughter, especially with everything that Hinata told me about her father, (Y/N) is selfless and wants her daughter to be happy but forgets what makes her daughter too scared, being alone.

"Didn't know you could sing," I whispered. Her (E/C) orbs glance towards me, only to show them glimmer as tears filled her eyes.
The girl realized she was tearing up by my reaction and tries to wipe them without me even noticing, but I already knew that she had pain building up inside.

"Um, yeah. My mom always said I was a good singer," The short girl mumbled, standing up and walked over to the kitchen counter. I followed her and stood across from her as she was sitting in a stool while I unpacked the extra melon pastries from the cat cafe from earlier.

"Are you still hungry?" I changed the subject so the atmosphere didn't feel so suffocating. I turn around with the two melon pans in both hands and slid over one of them to the girl. She only gave a small grin, not looking at me.
Taking a small nibble, (Y/N) finally looked at me with the same little smile.

"You like it?" I asked, taking a bite out of my pastry.

"Yeah, where did you get this?" She chirped. The girl continued to take small bites but started to chomp down on the treat until it was almost gone.

"At the cat cafe by my agency. Hinata got a fruit tart from there," I explained, still eating my melon pan. A small giggle escaped (Y/N)'s lips after finishing her pastry.

"She doesn't eat sweets often, but I try to get them for her whenever I could." Her (E/C) eyes kept wandering around the marble counter until they stared at her hands.
It was silent for a moment, but only because I knew something was going through the girl's head. She was dazed and looked out of it, my guess was that she had a memory and I might've known what it was.

"Are you thinking of Hinata's father?" I asked. The question made (Y/N) jolt slightly, her eyes widened and I could hear her grind her teeth a bit.
I noticed the girl clench her hand into a fist but her tense self couldn't calm down.

"Hinata told me that her father would hurt you," My words made the girl slowly look down and bite her lip, still tensing her muscles. I could see her small blue wings retract away from her back.
I sighed and placed my hand on her shoulder, she jerked slightly but relaxed from my touch.

"From what I've seen, that man has made you both suffer, emotionally and physically. But I promise that nothing will happen when you're with me." I stated, (Y/N) looked up at me with glistening eyes as the tears started to stream down her cheeks.
I took my hand and wiped her left cheek, not knowing the callouses on my hands were scratching against her soft skin.

I removed my hand and manipulated a red feather to give the girl a tissue. I'm not good at this emotional thing at times, but I just wanted to make this girl feel better.

"I-I'm just kind of scared. My ex-boyfriend is capable of tracking me and my daughter down with his quirk. I don't want to put you at risk, but I don't to Hinata to be taken away from me," The girl stuttered and sobbed. She began to choke a bit as she held in her hiccups.
I shuffled over to the girl's side and patted her back a bit.

"It's okay. If he ever comes near you two and lay a finger on you guys, I'll make him pay," I threatened. A wave of anger passed through my body. I never thought I'd be this threatening when it came to a mother and her child I just met, but for (Y/N), it feels different.
(Y/N) turns to me, still teary-eyed, and hugged me. I was a bit shocked but hugged the girl as her body trembled with hiccups.

"Thank you." The girl says as she parted the hug and wiped her damp cheeks. A smiled crept up her lips as she glanced back up at me, her (E/C) still gleamed as they continued to water.

"You're welcome." I replied with a smile. (Y/N) tucked back a strand of hair and jumped off the stool, turning towards me.

"How about we go to sleep now?" The (H/C) girl asked, her soft smile caused me to do the same as I nodded in response.

As I turned the living room lights off, the two of us walked back into my bedroom and got into bed.
(Y/N) sat up before laying down, her back facing me. I lied next to her and watched her blue crystal wings flutter with her breathing.
I poked her back with my index finger, a light giggled coming from the girl.

"You ticklish?" I asked, a noticeable nod from the girl was her answer.

"Okay, sorry. Goodnight." I said but before I closed my eyes, the girl turned around to face me. I was confused but shrugged it off, the girl closing her eyes.

"Goodnight," (Y/N) said as we both drifted off to sleep.