You are my sunshine.

(L/N) (Y/N), Musutafu, 21

The sun started to set as we walk back to Hawks' apartment.
I held Hinata's hand while Hawks trailed behind us. I wasn't particularly mad at him, just concerned after I saw the news of him with Hinata.

I peeked over my shoulder and looked at the blonde man. He had his hands in his pockets, his head shifted to the side looking up slightly until our eyes met. I turned my head forward and continued walking.

We got to Hawks apartment and I stood beside the door as he unlocked it. I entered and went to my bag, putting away an envelope that Misaki gave me at the club.

Here, take this, as a paycheck even though it's your first day.

She was being really nice, but too nice that she gave me $500 as a paycheck! I don't have a lot of money and I want to help Hawks out while I'm staying here, but I just feel like a burden.

I sighed and stood up, turn to the blonde man who was in the kitchen area, placing a pink box and a drink on the counter.
The tall man turned to me and was a bit startled with my stare, which I didn't mean to do.

"Um, you can shower in my bathroom. I can buy you any soap or shampoo if needed," Hawks insisted, using his thumb to point at the front door.

"Oh, okay. I'll bathe Hinata and I'll shower. We can just use the body wash you have if that's okay," I said. Hawks nodded and turned away from us. I curled my lips and walked into the bedroom with Hinata, holding a towel and extra clothes.
Entering the bathroom, Hinata stripped down to her bare body while I locked the door behind us. I help the little girl taking her hair down as she sat in the bathtub.

"Hawks did my hair today!" Hinata exclaimed, humming my lullaby I sang to her before.
I chuckled at her remark and placed the rubber band on the sink counter, the dirty blonde hair draped over her shoulders and crystal wings.

"That's nice, he certainly isn't like Ikari for sure," I said, turning on the faucet as warm water started to pour. I wet the girl's body and hair, grabbing a bottle of shampoo from the shelf, and started to rub the soap into Hinata's hair.
The little girl's body shivered as the water went cold after I turned the faucet down. I scrubbed the shampoo into her hair which made a bug mountain of bubbles.

"Are you mad at Hawks, mommy?" A sudden silence filled the room, I let out a huff before speaking.

"No, Im not, mad. I was just worried about you. When I saw the news of that man, I was relieved that you're safe here but my heart dropped when I saw you with Hawks," I explained, dropping my head.

I hear the water swish, Hinata turning around to face me.

"I'm sorry mommy," Hinata apologized, her voice was quiet and soft. I let out a sigh and continued to scrub her scalp lightly.

"You don't need to apologize, I do." I said.
Soon after rinsing Hinata's hair, I washed the little girl's body and took her out of the bathtub to dry.
I wrapped Hinata in the white towel and placed her on the stool and dried her skin and hair, drying parts of her crystal wings that I could reach including in between the ruby feathers.

"Okay, let's dry your hair," I stated and grabbed the hairdryer. Hinata sat down on the stool while I kneeled behind her, the towel wrapping around her pale body as I blow-dried her blonde hair.

After about 20 minutes, Hinata was all clothed and dried. Hinata ran out of the bathroom while I followed.
Hawks was laying on the couch on his phone, his attention switched to us as Hinata started to run towards him.

"Hawks! Can I play on your phone?" Hinata asked, placing her hands on his knee. Hawks looked up at me, he gave me a sheepish smile and look in his eyes.

"Hinata, that's his phone," I said. But as Hinata turned her head to me, Hawks lightly tapped her head with his phone. The blonde man smiled a bit while I was a bit surprised.

"It's okay, (Y/N), she can play on it." Hawks offered and walked over to the kitchen area. Before turning my attention from Hinata, I shuffled over to Hawks and leaned over the counter.

"Um, hey," I spoke with a nervous tone. The tall man turned around to see me and started to rub the back of his neck.

"Hey.. like I said earlier, I'm sorry I put Hinata in danger, I was just-"

"It's okay," I cut him off.
Hawks looked up at me, looking shocked as his eyes widened. His sheepy smile faded a bit and tried to avoid my eyes.

"I was worried about Hinata, but if you didn't take her with you, she would've been home alone and," I paused, looking back at my daughter who was playing on Hawks' cell.

"I totally forgot.. that she is scared to be alone. I'm a terrible mother," I stated. I leaned my elbows on the marble counter and laced my fingers together, pressing my thumbs against my forehead. I felt a hand on my head but jolt away as I look up at Hawks.

"You're not a terrible mother, you just want what's best for your daughter," Hawks stated with a small grin.
I slowly look back down at my hands and smiled.

"Thanks. And I'm sorry for giving you the silent treatment," I apologized. I shifted my eyes back up to the blonde man as I heard a small chuckled escape his lips.

"It's okay, I deserved it for not telling you I was bringing Hinata with me," Hawks slurred a bit. I let out a little giggle and pushed myself off the counter.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go shower now," I walked over to my duffel bag and got out my pajamas, Hawks giving me a little wave as I walked into his bedroom.

I started to strip down, turned on the shower, and stepped into the tub.
I relaxed my muscled as the hot water streamed down my skin. I fluttered my growing wings as the water rippled in between my little crystal feathers.

After my hot shower, I wrapped my body in a towel and started to dry myself. I slipped on my underwear and clothes, brushing my hair right after.
I shuffled out of the bathroom and to the living room. Hinata was still on Hawks' phone while he was cooking dinner.

"Hey, you hungry?" Hawks asks as he took notice of my appearance. I nodded to his request and sat at the counter.

"What are we eating?" Hinata asked, running over to the stool and climbed up it.

"Curry and rice," Hawks explained, placing two plates of curry and rice in front of me and Hinata. Hawks walked over beside Hinata with his own plate of curry and rice.

"Itadakimasu," we all stated before digging in.
While I was eating, I heard Hawks chuckle. I turned my head only to see Hinata messily diving into the curry and rice. Hawks noticed me staring and grabbed some napkins, wiping the girl's face as she pouted.

"Hinata was always a messy eater," I said with a light chuckle, Hawks doing the same after wiping Hinata's messy face.

"I used to be messy," The blonde man laughed a bit, continuing to eat.
After we ate, Hinata started to get sleepy and dragged herself all the way to the couch. I helped Hawks put the plates in the sink and cleaned them.

"Thank you for dinner again," I thank Hawks, our eyes met for a moment but was interrupted but him clearing his throat.

"Oh, you're welcome. It's nice not having to eat alone anymore," The blonde said, turning off the sink faucet and using a blue rag to dry his hands. Our eyes met once again but it lasted for more than a moment. I could see the glimmer in his golden eyes.

"Mama," I heard Hinata call for me. I looked over at the couch to see her cuddled up in her pastel pink blanket. Hawks followed me as I walked over to the little girl.

"Yes, sweetie?" I said softly, kneeling beside the couch while Hawks sat beside me.

"Can you sing to me?" The blonde man by me chuckled at Hinata's request but went silent as I shot him a glare.

"Okay," I said, and started to sing.

Please don't take my sunshine away...