Part - 01

"We're so sorry Miss Lynn. We cannot hire you." The female interviewer said. "Your grades are quite remarkable, but we need experience which you don't have.", she explained.

"It's all right. Thank you.", I stood up with a brittle smile on my face and left the interview room with a heavy heart.

It was the 10th time I came out of the interview room like this. Not that I was hoping to nail it this time, because I know that I don't have any previous experience in this job either.

Among the previous interviews I had, most of the interviewers said the same thing. The others just didn't find me fit for the job I guess.

I didn't feel like going home, so I sat on a park bench near my apartment building. Nobody is waiting for me there anyway. I looked at the sky leaning back on the bench, thinking about the ups and downs of my life.

My name is Ttalgi, Ttalgi Lynn. It's been 3 months I completed my graduation. My mom died when I was little. Might've forgotten her face if there wasn't any picture of her while she was alive. 

My dad married a woman about a year and a half after my mom died. She was a nice lady. Took care of me, played with me, loved me like her own child. We got separated when my dad decided to live in Ilsan-gu because he wanted to start his new business there. So, I live here in Seoul alone. I visit them every now and then though. 

Honestly, it's not that bad. I've been living a good life compared to so many people.

My phone was ringing, but I felt too lazy to pick it up. Maybe I can guess who's calling. No, I am sure of it. It made me even lazier that I wanted to fall asleep. Don't know how long I was sitting there. Suddenly a voice shouted at me.

'Hey, Ttalgi! You little monkey', the voice was getting louder.

I looked in the direction where it was coming from. He was running towards me with an anxious look on his face.

'What?!'

'I should ask you the question.'

He was exhausted. I realized, wherever he was, he just ran all the way here to find me. I smiled and took out my water bottle from my bag. He snatched the bottle from my hand and drank some water.

'Why didn't you answer my calls?!', he asked as he twisted the cap of the bottle.

'I just didn't feel like answering it.', I replied with a careless look on my face. ' Why did you call me?'

'Should I answer the question?!', he asked and sat on the bench. 'It was your fault in the first place for not answering my calls.'

'Yeah yeah! I know what you're going to ask anyway.'

'Then just tell me the answer, problem solved!', he looked at me with both excitement and anxiety in his eyes.

'I didn't make it.'

'Oh! That's nothing new. And here I was thinking you got the job and because of that you're too excited to answer my calls!', he laughed. 'I don't get it, why are you even sad?! C'mon, cheer up.', he said as he slapped my back.

Although he was laughing and trying to cheer me up, I could tell by the look on his face that he was a little disheartened too. We sat there silently for a while.

He and I have known each other for a long time now. When my mom died, I was 5 years old. Taehyung (yeah, his name is Kim Taehyung) and his family lived in the flat next to ours. While my dad was out working, I spent most of my time with them. Since then, we have been friends. To be honest, he is the only witness of almost all of my life.

'Let's go home, it's getting dark,' he said.

I took my purse and the other papers which I was carrying for the interview and walked towards home with Taehyung. He walked me home and then left. It didn't take much time for him to cheer me up. My sadness doesn't last for very long when I'm with him anyway. 

.......

After dinner, I sat on my sofa to watch TV. As I turned on the TV, there was a job hire advertisement. They're gonna hire an EA for the CEO of the company. The applicant should be a girl and have completed her graduation.

Whatever, they're definitely gonna look for experienced people which I'm not!  

I was about to change the channel when a sentence caught my attention. "No previous experience required!" 

The next thing I did was research about the company on the internet, took notes on some stuff, applied for the job and prepared for the interview which was the day after tomorrow.