Part - 06

It's been a week since the elevator incident. Mr. Kim had been avoiding me the whole week. For the sake of my work, I always have to stick with him all day long. This week our conversation was like,

Kim Namjoon: 'Miss Lynn, do this and that.'

Me: 'Yes, Si....'

Kim Namjoon: 'Mr. A, come with me, I have some important matters to discuss with you.'

Again,

Kim Namjoon: 'Miss Lynn, please take care of this for me.'

Me: 'Sure. Um... Mr. Kim, are you free right now? I have something to ask you. It's about...'

Kim Namjoon: 'Oh, Mr. Hann, how's the project going?'

Not that, I didn't try to start a conversation. Whenever I went to speak with him, he had important matters to handle. He even started to leave the office after me.

Does he know that I ..... Oops, what if he remembers everything? I'm doomed.

......@~@ .......

Working after office hours became a routine of mine.

It was raining that night. So, everyone left early. But, I couldn't because I had to finish my work at the office as I can't work at home.

It's not like I didn't have my computer at home, because I had one, but I became the laziest person in the world whenever I saw my bed.

It was already 11:30 when I completed my work. I packed my bag and went to the 1st floor. It was pouring. So, I started to wait for the rain to slow down a bit as I didn't have my umbrella with me.

After about 10 minutes, Mr. Kim came out through the main entrance. He stopped and looked at me. So, I turned at him.

'Good ni....', before I could finish the sentence he started walking towards his car which was waiting for him right in front of the main entrance. I just wanted to say 'good night'.

After he sat in the car, he said something to his bodyguard. The guard came to me and asked me if I wanted to go with them.

'It's all right. I can go by myself. Thank you for asking though.', I said and looked at Mr. Kim. He wasn't even looking at me. How could I take the favor when the owner of the car wasn't even comfortable around me?

'But, it's getting late Mam. Are you sure?', he asked politely.

'Huh?!... Oh, yeah, I'm sure. Don't worry. I don't think you should keep Mr. Kim waiting.' Even though I said that I really wanted Mr. Kim to tell me himself.

'Okay, Mam.', he bowed and then left.

Now that I think about it, it's already midnight. Oww... I should have accepted the offer.

Please, please, please don't leave me alone here. Please, Mr. Kim just once, tell me just once to get in the car.

But, they left.

Is he heartless?! How could he leave me alone here?

It started pouring even heavier than before. Guess I have no choice. I took out my phone to call Taehyung. But, there is only 1% charge left. I couldn't even make the call.

So, I held my bag over my head and started running. There were hardly any people on the road. I tried my best to not think about anything at all. It's all right. The bus stop isn't very far.

On the spur of the moment, a car stopped right beside me. I also stopped for a bit and looked at the car. A man came out and asked me if needed a lift. I didn't say anything and started walking again.

'Are you ignoring me?', the man shouted.

I was getting more and more nervous. He kept calling me from behind. Should I run?

Suddenly I felt my wrist was grabbed tightly. It was him, the man from earlier. 'What are you doing?!', I panicked. 'I don't need your help. I can go by myself. So, please leave me alone.', I pulled my hand away from him and started moving forward.

'Listen, lady, I'm already in a bad mood. So don't try to make me anymore angry.', he said.

I was so frightened that I couldn't even look back. What should I do?

I started walking faster. I couldn't even hear any other sound besides the raindrops. There was no one on the road other than me and that weirdo and I was totally drenched.

Again, I felt my wrist being grabbed. But that time, before I could even understand the situation, I was pulled back and was slammed against a wall by that psycho. He pulled out a small knife and hit me on the wrist of my right hand with it.

I screamed as loud as I could but no one came to save me.

'I told you not to make me angrier.', he grabbed both my wrists so tightly that the cut was hurting even more.

I tried to scream again, but for some reason, the sound of my voice didn't come out. I stepped on his feet and pressed my heel as hard as I could against his shoe.

'Ugh...', he screamed. 'You bit*h!'

As soon as he let go of my hand, I took off my heels and started running with all my might.

I couldn't see clearly in the rain. My legs were getting numb. After running some distance I stumbled upon something and fell.

Just at that moment, a car stopped blocking my way. My vision was getting blurry. Someone came out of the car.

So, this is it?! I couldn't protect myself. I failed t...to...

After that, I don't remember anything.