Part - 10

"There you go. All done!" the female doctor said after re-bandaging my hand.

Her name was Mrs. Kate. Mr. Kim said he knew her. Their conversation seemed like they had known each other for a long time. She called Mr. Kim using his first name.

I was in Mrs. Kate's chamber. She told Mr. Kim to wait outside.

"You must be someone special." she said.

"Umm... Sorry?!"

"It's the 2nd time Namjoon brought a woman to the hospital."

"Really? Then who was the 1st one?"

"It's his mother. She died last year."

"Ohh! I'm sorry." I felt really sad for him. I know the pain of losing someone special because I lost my mom too. "What happened to her?"

"Cancer. She suffered for a long time."

"Oh!" I didn't know what else to say. My mom died for the same reason.

"Hmm. That's why I thought maybe you're someone very dear to him."

"Uh... No! I'm just his employee. Nothing else."

"I see." she smiled. "He's grown a lot. I remember when I first took him in my arms, he was so tiny, covered in blood, crying."

"Woo... You know him from birth!"

"Yeah. Namjoon's mother and I have been friends since our college life. She was beautiful and kind. He loved her so much. More than anything else in the world."

I was listening with great interest.

"That's why it was difficult for him to accept her death." she continued. "He doesn't open up with people easily and likes to bear all the pain on his own. So, please take good care of him."

"Who? Me?!"

"Is there anyone else here?"

"I mean... How am I supposed to take care of him?"

"Don't worry about that. When the day comes you will understand what I meant." she smiled.

Huh! Wait, am I the only one who's not weird here?

......@~@......

After leaving Mrs. Kate's chamber we both started to walk through a corridor which leads to the elevator.

Mr. Kim was walking in front of me. I remembered what Mrs. Kate told me earlier. He hid so much pain behind that calm look of his. Those wide shoulders knew how to take responsibility and fulfill them.

Suddenly he stopped and looked behind. Those eyes, I really can't define them. It's as if they were trying to speak, then again, they're trying twice as hard to hide everything from the world.

Who is this guy? Why do I feel like I've known him from before? Even before the interview. And why did he give me this job? Does any of this make sense?

"You want to call someone?" Mr. Kim asked. "You can use my phone if you want that is."

There's no one here at Seoul whom I can call or who can take care of me except for Tae and Kaori. But I didn't want to disturb them.

I know very well that if I told them to come just once they would come running. But I can't call them whenever I want. They have their own concerns.

"No... It's okay. You can hire me a taxi." I said.

"You live alone here?" he asked as we got on the elevator. "I mean in Seoul?"

"Yeah."

"I see."

He didn't ask me any further questions. So I decided to keep quiet too. After coming out of the hospital, Mr. Kim told me to get in his car.

"I told you, I can go alone."

"But I can't leave you alone." he said. He mumbled, "Not anymore."

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Stop asking so many questions. Just hop in."

"Okay... Alright. I won't." I rolled my eyes.

I sat in the car. Mr. Kim sat beside me.

"Mrs. Kate told you not to do anything with your right hand for at least a week," he said. "So, you aren't coming to the office until your wound heals completely."

"That's not bad news for me as I have your permission that is."

Woah... One week! I can spend the whole time watching anime, lying on my bed. I can also call Tae and Kaori at my place, we can have a night out again. This is going to be fun.

"Your eyes are sparkling." Mr. Kim said suddenly. "I think I can guess."

I could feel an evil aura coming from his direction.

"You know our company rules, right? As you're taking a week's leave for your own reason, someone will have to do some extra work, so the company will have to cut the amount of those seven days from your main salary. As for the other person, he will be doing the work on your behalf, that's why that amount will be added to their salary."

I figured an attack was coming at me at a great speed, but I couldn't imagine it was going to be this powerful.

What is he, a devil?!!!

"But it was you who told me not to go to the office starting tomorrow."

"Of course I did. As the CEO of the company, I can't take any risks in any of my employee's life. That would cause a great loss for the company."

"So, what should I do now? Let go of one-third of my salary?"

"You don't have any other options. Do you?"

"Aaahh... haha... right."

I want to cry right now. How could he do this to a poor girl like me? Does he even have a heart?

.......T_T.......

It took about an hour to reach my home. I didn't talk to him even once after that.

After getting out of the car, before I could understand anything, someone came out of nowhere and hugged me all of a sudden.

"Where have you been? We were so worried," she said.

As soon as I recognized the voice, I saw Taehyung coming towards me. Yeah, it was Kaori. I didn't expect them to be waiting for me in front of my house all worried.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Isn't it obvious? We were waiting for you." Tae said.

'Yeah, as soon as Tae called me and said that you had an accident I was so worried. So, I came along with him." Kaori explained.

"But, I didn't tell you anything about that."

" Of course you didn't. I got a call about an hour and a half ago. That guy told me about the accident." Taehyung said.

I was in Mrs. Kate's chamber at that time. It didn't take much time for me to figure out who the guy was. I looked at Mr. Kim.

"What?" he asked.

"You called them, didn't you?"

"Why? Did I do something wrong? From the situation in front of me, I don't think I did anything wrong."

"So, it was you. Thank you so much for informing me about the incident." Tae said. "My name is Taehyung." he forwarded his hand.

"Hello, this is Kim Namjoon. It's nice to meet you." Mr. Kim said and shook hands with Taehyung.

"Yeah, and he is my boss," I added.

"Anneyonghaseyo! I'm Kaori. Ttalgi's friend." Ttalgi bowed.

Mr. Kim left shortly after that and I went to my room with Kaori and Taehyung.