Part - 09

I was eating my lunch with Naho, Ezuku, and Jungkook. Jimin had something to handle, so he couldn't join us.

'Hey Ttalgi,' Ezuku said. 'What are you thinking about? You've been spaced out for a while now.'

'Huh... No, nothing serious actually.'

'C'mon tell us. Wait, are you in love?'

'Huh?! That came out of the blue.'

Me? In love? With whom? Suddenly, Namjoon's face crossed my mind as well as the moment when he was so close to me. No no no, there's no way I'm in love with that jerk.

'Hey Naho, Look at her face. She's blushing.'

'There's definitely something wrong here.', said Naho.

'Wait! No, everything is just fine. Trust me.'

'Hoooooo!' Naho teased me and everyone started laughing.

Somehow I was able to change the topic.

After lunch, Ezuku and Jungkook helped me with the other works. I'm really grateful to them.

.....<3 <3 <3.....

Despite being through all the efforts, I made a mistake. More importantly, I didn't even realize what my mistake was until the meeting started.

Mr. Kim asked me if I completed all the tasks he gave me earlier.

'Yes, I did.'

'Good!' He started to check some files.

He was going through all the papers. Suddenly, he stopped and asked, "Miss Lynn, where is the file regarding the project with MI company?" He looked at me. "I'm certain that I told you to keep it prepared."

"Umm... My apologies sir. I couldn't do that."

"May I know the reason?"

"It was my first time working on some project file, so I didn't understand how I should do this. That's why..."

"Is that even called an excuse? Why didn't you ask me if you had such a hard time understanding it?"

"I tried to ask you, not once but several times, but you were busy with something. So, I couldn't."

"You know what, you are an EA of this company. You can't say you couldn't do this or that. You have to find a way to solve the issues at hand."

"But I tried to..."

Before I could finish, he said, "Why didn't you ask me today? You had plenty of time to do so."

"I... I forgot I'm sorry."

Everyone was looking at me. I felt so ashamed that I couldn't even bring myself to look up.

Mr. Kim sighed and leaned back on his chair. "I shouldn't have given you the task, to begin with. Mr. Jin, please take care of it."

It was so humiliating. I kept my head downwards in the whole meeting.

I started to take minutes and notes even though my hand was hurting at its worst. But that was nothing towards the humiliation I was feeling inside.

It wasn't my fault. I don't know how to do this stuff. And he avoided me the whole last week. No, it was my fault too. I shouldn't have forgotten such an important matter when I got the chance to ask him.

The meeting ended at 11 pm.

Everyone left except me and Mr Kim.

The pain in my wrist was extreme. The pressure while writing had reopened the wound. There was a red stain and it was becoming more and more noticeable over time. I tried to hide the pain from Mr. Kim.

"Is there anything you want me to do?" I asked him, standing in front of him, holding my notebook in my left hand and a pen in my right hand. "I mean, any task for tomorrow?"

"Show me." he stretched his arm towards me.

"Sorry?"

"Show me your hand."

"May I ask why?"

"Nothing in particular."

"Alright, so this means there are no tasks for tomorrow. I'll be taking my leave then. Good night Sir." I bowed.

I took all the papers and files from the table and prepared to leave.

As soon as I turned around I freaked out seeing him standing right in front of me. I moved one or two steps backward. When did he come here?

"Didn't you hear what I said?" he asked while walking towards me. "Show me your hand."

"What if I don't want to show you?"

"So, you're neglecting my orders?" he filled his two hands in his pockets, lowering his head a little, brought it to my height, and looked at me.

This is happening again. What's wrong with this guy? He scolded me earlier in front of everyone and now acting concerned and all.

"Umm... It's getting late. I have to go, Sir." I tried to avoid any eye contact. "Please stop blocking the way."

"Hmm... Guess I have no choice then." He snatched all the files away from my hand and kept them on the table. Then turned to me and grabbed my injured hand. "What the... It's bleeding inside the bandage. Come on, let me take you to the hospital."

"It's alright." I pulled my hand back. "I'm fine."

"Are you stupid? Do you have any idea that you might have died if he managed to cut your vain."

"Oh, I see. I didn't know. Thank you for informing me so early." I rolled my eyes.

"You know, it's your hand, not mine. So, you should've been more careful. And who told you to write with this injured hand?"

"Yeah, right. Like, I would dare to do something to make you even angrier just after you scolded me." I said and tried to take the files from the table.

He suddenly grabbed my hand and lifted me in the air and started walking.

At first, I couldn't get what was going on. When I realized that he was carrying me in his arms, I started struggling.

"Mr. Kim! What are you doing? Put me down. What if someone sees us like this?"

He didn't reply and walked all the way to the lift carrying me like that. One of his bodyguards was waiting there. He kept the elevator gate open until we got in.

"Don't you think you're crossing the line now?"

"Maybe."

I realized no matter what I say it wouldn't work then. So, I stopped panicking.

After I relaxed a bit, I noticed there was a beautiful fragrance coming from his body. Also, the same warmth I felt in the morning.

It was oddly comfortable.