Part - 02

The interview was at 10 o'clock.

Now it's 8:30 am and I'm still in my bed, sleeping. I was way too tense about what's gonna happen today, that I couldn't sleep the whole night. And yeah, I already turned my alarm off.

At 8:45, my phone rang. I grabbed my phone from the table and saw it was Taehyung with my half-opened eyes.

'Hello!'

'Are you still sleeping?!' he shouted. 'You have an interview, remember??!'

'Yeah, I kn....', I came to my senses and quickly sat down. 'What time is it?!'

'It's already 8:48.'

Shit! I screwed up!!

I got up from my bed, somehow got ready, and then left for the interview at 9:15. It takes at least one hour to reach there. As it was office hour, it took about one and a half hours for me to reach the company's main building.

I rushed in there. The written test had already started. I somehow managed to answer all the questions. Thank God! I just made it in time.

Now, it's time for viva. I was exhausted from all the running I had to do on my way here. I looked around and I sat on a bench, waiting for my turn. As time went by I was getting thirsty, my heart started to beat faster. Yeah, I was getting nervous.

What if they tell me that I am not fit for this job or I make a mistake, or I am not smart enough to answer their questions?!

'Miss Ttalgi Lynn'

Finally, it was my turn. Don't know why, but my hands and feet were shaking. I was nervous in the other interviews too, but today, it's nothing like any of those.

'Miss Ttalgi Lynn, are you there?!'

I shook my head and slapped both my cheeks. I can do this! Then I stood up and dragged my feet into the interview room.

Only two people were sitting in front of me. One of them was older, maybe in his 40s or something. And the other one, well, he was young, around my age I guess. Or, maybe 1 or 2 years older than me. I bowed and said 'Good morning!'

'Please, sit down!', the older person said.

I sat on a chair and handed over my papers. The younger one was looking through my papers. Don't know why but his face looked kinda familiar to me. While checking my resume, he looked at me restlessly. I got even more nervous than before.

'You are Ttalgi?!', he asked me with a desperate but serious look on his face.

'Y... Yes, I am!'

'Have you ever been to Ilsan-gu?'

'U...umm, yes, I did. That's where my parents live. I went there to see them.'

'When was it?'

'It was last year, during the summer vacation I guess!' I was getting a bit uncomfortable at that moment.

Why is he asking me all these things?! Isn't this supposed to be an interview for an executive assistant?! What's up with this guy?! Did we meet somewhere in Ilsan-gu?!......

So many questions passed through my head. The older person also looked a bit surprised by the situation.

'Sir!', the older person said to him.

'Uh... Yes!', he seemed to go back to his senses. 'Your written score is good and your grades are praiseable too. All right, I'll ask you one question. Tell me the name of the CEO of this company.'

CEO's name?! Oh, crap >_<

Yes, I didn't know the name. I studied all the other things about the company except this one! How could I be so stupid?! Ugghh... I mean, how could I not pay any attention to the guy I was going to work for?! I could even become 1st in a stupidity contest.

....... T_T ........

The interview ended just like that. And this time it was my fault. I didn't know what to do then as I had plenty of time to waste. So, I called my friend Kaori.

'Yo! Are you free now?'

'Uhh... Mianhae Ttalgi!', she said. 'I'm busy right now. I'll call you later, ok?'. She hung up the phone.

I felt a little sad, I couldn't even tell her why I wanted to meet her. The next option was Taehyung. So, I called him too.

'Taehyung ah! Meet me at the café now!'

'What are you talking about?', he asked. "I'm busy right now!"

"I know you are playing games on your PC right now. Don't you even try to fool me.", I growled.

"What are you, a ghost?! How can you always tell what I'm doing?! It's creepy, you know?"

'Just shut up and come!', I shouted.

'I told you I can't. I'm hanging up, if I lose I'm going to charge you for a dinner meal.'

'YAH! What kind of friend are you?!' I shouted. But he had already hung up. 'I'm gonna kill you before that. Aishh!' Everyone was looking at me.

I didn't wanna be sad then. So, I needed someone to spend time with. But those two jerks didn't even listen to what I had to say. Suddenly I was feeling like the loneliest person in the world. Nobody loves me.

...... T_T .......

I went home, feeling sad and all. As I kept my bag and papers on the table, I dropped my body on my bed and closed my eyes. The thing that had been bugging me for a while was, why did that person ask all those questions? Why did he look so familiar? Do we know each other?!

Suddenly the doorbell rang. 'Coming!' I shouted with a tired voice. Dragging my feet to the door, I opened it. The next thing that happened was, Taehyung and Kaori burst in with some beer cans and snacks. I was so surprised that I didn't know what to say. I felt really happy seeing them.

'YAH! What are you doing here?!' I shouted.

'We're preparing for a night out party.', Kaori said while taking out all the stuff from the plastic bag.

'B... But you told me that you're busy.'

' Of course, I was busy. I was buying all these snacks from the convenience store.'

I looked at Taehyung.

'What?!', he said. 'I joined her after hearing about the night out plan.' he explained. 'You thought, we're gonna leave you alone when you need us the most? You fool!' he said and tapped hard on my forehead.

'Ouch! It hurts.' I said as I rubbed my forehead. 'But, how did you know I was upset? I didn't say anything about my interview.'

'As I thought, it didn't go well this time either. Huh?!' Taehyung said. 

'I wasn't planning this party to console you.', Kaori said. 'I just wanted to spend some time with you both. Fortunately, we've found a good reason now.', she winked.

'You jerk!', I threw a pillow at her. Some friends you are!, I smiled.