Part - 04

I went to the 3rd floor as instructed in the mail and started to look for the manager's room. Somehow I managed to find the room.

I knocked at the door and asked if I could go in. The voice from the other side of the door responded, 'Yes, please!'

As I went in, I closed the door and bowed, 'Anneyonghaseo!'

The man looked at me and then smiled, 'Please have a seat.'

I pulled a chair and sat down.

'My name is Jung Hoseok. It's nice to meet you.', he said politely. 'I assume you're Miss Ttalgi Lynn. Our new executive assistant.'

'Yes, I am!', I nodded.

'All right then, I'll explain your position and responsibilities. Please pay attention.', he said as he gave me a chart of my tasks. 'You are the executive assistant, so you will be serving the CEO as long as he orders you. You have to arrange meetings, receive phone calls, arrange business trips.........', he continued. 'If you need any help you can ask me anytime.'

'U... Uh, sure. Thank you!', I smiled even though my head was hurting even thinking about all the work I had to do from then on.

'Great, then follow me. I'll show you your desk and later take you to the CEOs' room.'

'Yes, sir.' 

The CEO's office was on the 2nd floor. I saw everyone busy at their work as I was passing through the staff rooms. My desk was right in front of the CEO's office. I kept my bag on the desk headed towards the CEO's room. There was a small corridor on the way to the room.

Mr. Jung was about to knock at the door, just at that moment two men came out of the room. One of them was wearing the same black suit as the man I saw earlier. So, it was him!

'Mr. Hann, please make sure to take care of this matter as soon as possible.', he said as he walked through the corridor.

'Yes, Sir!', the other man nodded.

After passing by me, he suddenly stopped and looked back at me. ' You!', he pointed at me. 'Follow me to the conference room.'

Before I could understand anything he turned his back towards me and started walking forward. I looked once at Mr. Jung, bowing as an appreciation, I ran after that weird Kim Namjoon.

Psk! What kind of introduction was that?! Was he always like this? No, he was totally different during the interview the other day.

So many thoughts crossed my mind while I was following him. Suddenly he stopped and started talking to someone.

'Mr. Jin, she's the new EA, and she'll be joining the meet...' he stopped when he looked at my hands. 'Where's your notepad?'

'Ah... well, um...', I mumbled as I realized I left everything on my desk.

He was glaring at me. 'Mr. Jin, please take care of this.' he rolled his eyes and started walking towards the conference room.

Mr. Jin gave me a pad of paper and a pen. He also showed me the way to the conference room. I thanked him and started to run. But, I got lost.

.......T_T.......

When I arrived there, the meeting had already started. Mr. Jung pointed to a chair beside Mr. Kim. I pulled the chair and sat down as silently as I could. Mr. Kim was glaring at me. 'joesonghabnida! (Sorry)', I whispered. Couldn't even dare to look him in the eye. He sighed and concentrated on the meeting.

The meeting continued for one and a half hours. I took some minutes and notes on my pad.

When the meeting ended, I followed Mr. Kim to his office. I was waiting beside his desk as he was talking to Mr. Jung.

After their conversation was finished, Mr. Jung left the office leaving the two of us alone.

'Have a seat!', he told me while putting aside some files.

'Thank you!', I said and sat down.

'I'm assuming Mr. Jung has already explained your work.', he looked at me.

'Yes, he did.'

'Good. Meet Mr. Jin after you leave my room. He'll help you with other stuff.'

'Okay, I will.' I nodded.

'All right then, you may leave now.'

I wanted to ask him so many things. But he was avoiding me. I didn't know what to do. Why was he acting like a different guy than the interview? I couldn't hold back my curiosity anymore.

'Just ask it.' he said. 'I know that you have so many questions. If you don't ask me, I won't be able to answer.'

'Uh... Umm... Nothing.' I replied. 'Please, excuse me.'

It's strange. I just couldn't bring myself to ask him anything at all. His eyes. They were... I don't know, it felt like as if they're telling me, 'Please, don't ask me anything. Just leave!', even though what he said was totally opposite.

I couldn't forget those eyes. My heart aches whenever I think about it. Why? I don't get it. Is it because I couldn't ask him anything, although a lot of things are bugging me?

'Heeeyyy... Are you there?', somebody snapped his fingers.

I realized I was spaced out for a while. 4 people were standing around my desk. Two boys and two girls.

'Uh... Yes?!', I was embarrassed. 'I'm sorry, I was thinking about something.', I explained while rubbing the back of my head.

'Nah, that's cool.', one of the boys said and smiled. 'So you're the new EA.'

'Yeah, I am.'

'Cool! I'm Park Jimin. You can call me Jimin if you want.'

'Hi, I'm Jungkook.', the other boy said.

'It's nice to meet you. I'm Naho.', one of the girls said.

'Yo, My name is Ezuku. People call me Ezu.', the other girl said. She was a little short. 'We're going to have a lot of fun together, ok?'

'Um... Okay!', I smiled. 'Oh, it's really nice to meet all of you. My name is Ttalgi Lynn, you can call me Ttagi.'

'Hey, Ttalgi. Welcome to our company. If you need anything just call me and I'll come running.', Jimin said.

'Stop flirting.', Naho smacked on his head.

'Ouch! It hurts.'

We all started laughing.