Part - 05

During the lunch break, Ezuku invited me to have my lunch with them. It felt great to make new friends.

As I said before, I didn't have any friends other than Taehyung and Kaori.

Taehyung was handsome and good-looking. So, most of the girls in our class had a crush on him. But, he was careless. He turned down each one of them. As I was the only girl he hung around with, they thought that he liked me. I tried to make them understand that they were wrong. But they didn't listen.

They even attacked me and bullied me so many times. Again, Taehyung was the one who saved me every time. So, their hatred grew even more. They left me all alone. No one talked to me anymore. And then, Kaori came. And, I was happy with them. I thought I didn't need anyone else.

But today, eating lunch with my colleagues, it felt really good. They were so friendly. Then again, I was worried. What if I do something wrong, and they don't talk to me anymore?

.....@~@.....

The CEO had another meeting after dinner. It continued till 10 pm. After the meeting ended everyone left except me and Mr. Jin.

Mr. Kim told me to show him all the minutes I took during both of the meetings. He discussed some matters with Mr. Jin. After that, Mr. Jin left.

Uh... Is it really my first day at work? Why do I have to work so late?

After he gave me some tasks for the next day, we both left the conference room. We were on the 7th floor. So, we took the elevator.

'You're going to the 2nd floor, right?', he asked while pressing the button of the 2nd floor.

'Yes.' I nodded. 'But how did you know?'

'You don't have your purse with you.'

'Uuh... Right!'

After that, we didn't talk to each other anymore.

Suddenly, as far as I recall, on the 4th floor, the elevator stopped and the lights went out.

I got nervous. It was so dark that I couldn't see anything. Luckily I was carrying my phone. I turned on the flash and pressed the emergency button quickly.

I felt a hand grabbing my wrist so hard. I freaked out. I turned the flash in that direction. It was Mr. Kim. He was sitting on the floor.

'What's wrong?!', I asked. ' Are you all right?! '

He didn't answer. So, I sat down. He was sweating and having trouble breathing. I didn't know what to do.

I didn't have my water bottle either. I started fanning him with some papers I was carrying.

'Do you feel better?', I asked, but he didn't reply.

He was getting numb. What should I do? Should I give him mouth-to-mouth breath? What am I thinking? I can't do that.

But then again, I didn't know whether the emergency services were coming or not. And he almost fainted. I took off the blazer he was wearing and unbuttoned his shirt.

I have no choice. Calm down Ttalgi. You have to do this.

I held his nose with one hand and kept his mouth open with the other. Ugh, this is embarrassing. I took a deep breath and blew the air into his mouth.

'Sir, are you listening?' I asked as I was pressing his chest. 'Kim Namjoon!' He didn't even move. 'Please, hang in there.', My tears started flowing down through my cheeks.

After a few moments, the power returned. I quickly pressed the first-floor button.

..............

The doctor said he was going to be all right and told me to go home. But, I couldn't bring myself to leave him like this. His bodyguards might have called his family. So, I waited for someone to come.

Around midnight, a person came.

'How's he?', he asked the bodyguard.

'Better than before, sir.'

'Thank goodness.', he sighed and looked at me. 'And you might be the person who was with him if I'm not mistaken.'

'Uuh... Yes. Anneyonghaseyo!'

'It's nice to meet you. I'm Min Yoongi, Namjoon's cousin.' he said. 'Sorry for the trouble. You should go home. It's already late. My driver will drop you.'

'Uh... Aniyo. It's all right. I can go by myself.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes. Thank you for the offer.', I bowed and then left.

...............

After leaving the hospital I realized I don't have my purse with me. I forgot to pick it up from my desk. So, I called Taehyung.

'Yoo! What's up?' Taehyung said.

'Taehyung-aah, pick me up. I'm in front of the hospital.'

'Hospital?' he asked. 'Why? Are you sick? Did something happen?! '

'I'll tell you everything. Just come!'

I sat on a bench in front of the hospital. I couldn't forget the incident that happened earlier. I was so scared.

What if I wasn't there? Does he have a phobia? How long has he been suffering like this? Did something bad happen in the past?........

It took about half an hour for Tae to reach the hospital. He got out of the car and ran towards me.

'Yah! Why are you sitting here like this?' he asked. I could tell he was anxious after hearing I was in the hospital. 'What's wrong?' he continued. 'Wait! Are you crying?!'

'Tae... Taehyung-aah!', I started crying. 'Listen to me, will yah?!'

'What are you a baby?! Just stop crying and tell me what's happened already.', he gave me a packet of tissue.

'I was leaving the office. Then there's that and that...', I told him the whole story.

'That's what happened! ', he sighed and sat on the bench. 'Thank God! You're all right.'

'Taehyung-aah!'

'Hmm?!'

'Be honest, I didn't do anything wrong, right?'

' What are you talking about?'

'Umm... You know...'

He smacked my head.

'Ouch!', I looked at him.

'Don't worry. You didn't do anything wrong.', he smiled.

'You think so? B... But what if he remembers everything?'

'Why are you blushing?!', he asked.

'No, I'm not!'

'Yes, you are. Your face is red as hell!', he smirked.

'No, it's not!', I shouted and tried to cover my face with my wrist.

'Pfft... Hahaha....', he started laughing.

'Uhh... You're annoying. Let's go home.', I started walking towards the car.

'Don't worry. He won't remember anything and even if he does, he isn't gonna hate you. So, cheer up.', he kept his hand on my head softly and smiled.

What are you a magician or something?! How can you always understand me so well? I'm really happy that I've got you by my side.

I felt relieved. I really couldn't be sad around him for a long time. He always found a way to cheer me up. I'm really happy that he's my best friend.