THREE

After closing, I quickly packed my school bag and rushed towards the girls.

"We are going to Dallas to see Dare" Temi said as I turned to her.

"Will you take a long time?" I asked.

"Not really, I just want to see him and say hi" Temi replied as I nodded. She should be done before my dad came to pick me up.

"You don't want to go? Abi you can't talk to boy again?" Gani asked as I smiled.

"When did I say I was not going?" I asked as we walked outside the school towards Dallas.

Dallas was a club house. Well, it was a student club house; it was a fancy restaurant in the afternoon and a frenzied club house at night. I had only being to Dallas in the afternoons never at nights but the way Temi and Josie talked about it made me to long to come but I didn't dare.

We walked into Dallas and I spotted Dare right away. He looked exactly like all the pictures Temi used to post. He was seated in a mist of boys and stood up as soon as he saw us.

"Hello ladies" he greeted with a wide smile.

Whether I liked him or not, I had to admit that Dare was one handsome guy. He had a small face which made him look younger than his age.

Dare exchanged hugs with Josie and Gani before slapping handshakes with Kunmi. He turned to me wearing a surprised expression.

"Err..... Who's she?" Dare asked.

"Rachel" Gani replied as we sat down.

"Whoa! Rachel, I'm Dare. Nice to meet you" Dare said stretching his hand for an handshake.

I shakily streched out my hand and took the handshake.

"Awwn... You are shy?" Dare cooed.

"Shy kor? She's not just shy, she's naive and clumsy" Gani snorted and everyone burst into laughter.

I withdrew my hands and turned red from embarrassment. I had expected Gani to say something worse but what she said was worst.

Gani ordered for drinks and snacks as Dare pulled Temi into his laps. My eyes scanned the restaurant and I noticed a lot of students were there, mostly from our school.

"Hope you people are not in an hurry o? I want to spend time with my baby" Dare said.

"Not at all, we've got all the time in the world. I've called Judas to come over too" Josie replied as my eyes widened.

Didn't Temi say she wanted to say hi? What was Josie saying?

I was passed a bottle of Coke and meatpie. I sighed internally; we had gone out many times together and yet Gani always forgot that I didn't take meatpie or Coke.

"Eat it nah" one of the boys said when he saw me staring at my tray.

Gani hissed immediately "Do you think its drugged? Who wants to drug you in the middle of the day?" Gani asked as the boys burst into laughter.

I forced a smile when I saw Temi glaring at him and started to eat the meatpie. I started feeling nauseous immediately and I quickly excused myself.

I threw up everything I had eaten in the toilet bowl and wiped my mouth. I rinsed my mouth with water as I stared at myself in the mirror.

I was born with a light complexion and a small face. I had flat cheeks which made my face look slightly oblong. My cherry lips were slightly moistured.

I was pretty. I wasn't as pretty as any of the girls but at least, I was good looking. What's more, Gani's constant harping on my poor fashion sense made me try to wear flashy clothes.

I walked out of the restroom back to the restaurant. They all seemed to vibe together and I noticed Snr Judas sitting down. I sat down quietly without a word as I kept looking here and there.

I started moving uncomfortably when I noticed we had spent almost an hour in the restaurant. Alarms rang off in my head as I thought that my dad might be waiting for me.

"What's wrong with you?" Josie asked with a frown.

I scratched my hair slowly "I think my dad might be waiting for me" I replied.

"Your dad still picks you up?" One of the boys asked as they all burst into laughter.

"You are really naive"

"You are going to be clocking sixteen soon, when will you break from being a daddy's girl?" Gani asked with a snort.

"Just go, you are ruining the atmosphere" Kunmi snapped at me.

I said goodbye as I burst into a race back to school. I tried to think of an explanation to tell my dad but I couldn't even find one. Even if I found one; he would catch me. I started praying for him to get holded up in a traffic jam.

I panted heavily as I got to the school gate and looked around for my Daddy's car. I heaved a sigh of relief when I didn't see his car.

I checked my wristwatch and discovered it was already past 5pm. 4pm was closing hours for day students at BIC. My dad was running really late and I became anxious.

A White muscle Camry pulled up beside me and I skipped to the front seat.

"Sorry I'm late. Traffic" My dad said as I laughed.

"No worries. I just go here too" I replied fixing my seat belt.

"What were you doing in school?" My dad asked.

"I went to Dallas with my friends" I replied truthfully.

"Ohh" my dad said as he made a U-turn. I grabbed his tablet as I keyed in the password.

"I downloaded the new episodes of Doctor Stone for you" My dad said as I squealed in delight. I reached over to him and dropped a peck on his cheeks.

"I love you" I squealed as I opened the cabinet in front of me and brought out my airpods. I quickly fixed them in my ears as I put on the Bluetooth.

My hands ran expertly over the screen of the tab as I found the VLC amidst the hundreds of apps on the tab. My delight started pulling up as I clicked on the video.

Out of everything the girls complained about me; it was watching animes I wasn't able to stop. I loved animes; they were crazy. Although some of them annoyed me; I still loved watching it.

Yeah, everything in my life sucks except my family. As an only child; I have an excellent relationship with my parents. Although I'm closer to my Dad than my Mom; I have a good relationship with them both.

Being an only child came with its perks because my parents showered all their love on me. Money not excluded and yeah another perk was that I got bored easily. Living alone in a huge mansion wasn't fun at all.

My dad dropped me at the gate and waited till the gateman opened the gate for me to enter before he made a turn and drove back to the office.

I walked inside the house and climbed the stairs to my room. I dropped my school bag on my bed as I hurriedly picked my Infinix phone and put on my data.