SEVENTEEN

"Now that I think about it, you guys were jealous of me from me from the very start. I was better than all of you well except at academics yet you never tried to help me. I gave you guys everything yet I got nothing in return. How about I ask you guys to return only the money I spent on you guys everyday in the cafeteria over the last one year? After all, my parents work for me alone. But don't worry; I'll be generous and pretend I gave the money to charity" I said mockingly.

"I said I was going to repeat if I didn't take Joy's coaching but yet you guys didn't want me to because you didn't like her. That's how horrible your minds are. Bunch of devil modified humans" I added.

"I thought I was gonna cry saying this but funny that one even one tear is dropping. Honestly, I wished I could hate you hate you guys but I can't. You guys are the worst human beings on earth" I said yawning.

"I wasted so much saliva on you guys already. Yo bitches! You stay out of my lane and I'll stay out of yours. Don't get on my radar, ain't gonna be easy on you" I said and I sat down.

I felt satisfied after talking as I sat on my seat. Josie and the rest stood transfixed, probably shocked. The teacher entered the class and everyone had to go back to their seats.

I listened throughout the class and made small talk with Gloria too. School ended and we bounced out of class.

"That was crazy mehn!" SK yelled and I laughed.

"You are right though, ponytails don't fit Josie at all" SK added as Ife laughed.

"The most funniest part as for me was when she said Gani's lips makes her look like a frog" Ife said and everyone burst into laughter but it was a light chuckle that drifted into my ears that made me turn towards Ini in surprise.

He still had a small smile on his face and his face was practically glowing. I wondered how long God spent creating his face.

"I know he's cute but you are staring at him way too long" Joy whispered as I blushed hard.

I laughed and suddenly remembered someone. I stopped in my tracks and others stopped too.

"What is it?" Joy asked as I gave them a brief smile.

"There's someone I need to apologise to" I said as I scurried off to Dallas. I didn't even know if he would be there.

And he was there sitting with his friends. Most of them I had seen before when I followed Temi here.

I walked towards him using one hand to hold my school bag and dangling the other beside me.

"Hello" I said as Donald and everyone turned to me. Donald's eyes widened in surprise when he saw me.

"Na the naive girl be this?  "

Most of them recognised me and they made way for me to seat down.

"Good afternoon" I said as Donald wore a smile.

"You look different" Donald said as his hand reached out to touch my hair.

I smiled "I don't just look different, I am different. I came to apologise though" I said and he nodded.

"I didn't take it to heart" Donald replied.

"Cake or chips?" He asked as I shook my head.

"My friends are waiting outside" I said as I stood up and smiled.

"Thanks for the offer" I added as I strolled back to the school gate.

I was surprised to see only Ini waiting. He was glancing at his wristwatch immensely.

"Where are the others?" I asked as Ini turned to me.

"You done with your apology?" Ini asked and I nodded earnestly.

"Yeah" I replied as he nodded.

"They went home already" Ini said as I slowly nodded. He fell silent and didn't say anything else. I peeked at him through my lashes and pouted.

"Are you taking up Music again?" Ini suddenly asked as he turned to me.

I nodded vigorously "Yes. I am" I replied and Ini nodded.

"I'm glad you got your senses back" Ini said as he wore a huge smile.

"You were epic back then" Ini said as I stared at him.

He smiled at me!

He praised me!

I was overwhelmed by his full smile. He was definitely one of God's most perfect creation. He practically glowed when he smiled or laughed.

He closed the distance between us and slowly ran his hands through my hair. I arched my head backwards feeling his fingers in my hair. Tinged were sent down my spine when his fingers grazed my scalp.

"Damn... " I whispered as Ini slowly removed his hands from my hair.

"Nice hair" Ini said again as I watched his driver drive towards us and he got into the car.

I walked the car drive out of sight before I wore a huge grin on my face. My driver got to the school barely two minutes after Ini left.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
It was surprising how things progressed after that day. I felt free; I did whatever I wanted without restraint. That very same day; Joy added me to a group consisting of her, SK, Ini and Ife.

I was overwhelmed. We talked a lot on the group and although Ini rarely spoke on the group; his little inputs made me gush a lot.

What was more; we were kind of close too. He replied me whenever I spoke to him, gave me light smiles sometimes and even helped Joy in coaching me sometimes.

"CCP cake practical pairing has been pasted o" someone announced as I walked to the front of the board to check who I got paired with.

I froze when I saw ADEWOLE-ADEDEJI INIOLUWA.  My heart was slamming into my chest and I became very excited. I turned to see Ini staring at me with his eyebrow raised.

"You excited huh?" Ini asked and I thought I heard  a hint of playfulness.

I blushed as I lowered my head without replying.

Joy and SK had gotten paired togther. And surprisingly, Ife got paired with Gloria.

I watched as Gloria swallowed her saliva "About the practical... " Gloria started and Ife nodded.

"We'll talk about it later, there's still time" Ife cut her off as I pinched him.

"She has a crush on you, don't be harsh on her" I whispered and Ife turned to glare at me.

"How long did you fast and pray to get paired with Ini?" Ife asked as I turned red and slapped his shoulders.

"Ouch! E dey pain person nah " Ife grumbled as I continued whispering.

"I didn't do either. This is fate" I said and Ife hissed slightly.

"Fate kor, destiny ni" Ife said as I sneered at him.

"Let's wait till after your birthday before we do the practical" Ini said and I nodded.

"Its true sef, happy birthday in advance" SK said grinning.

"Thank you" I said.

It didn't take a long while for the whole block to know I was celebrating my birthday the following Saturday. I had become quite popular on the block so it wasn't really a surprise.

I left all the preparations to my mom and the only thing I did was to buy a birthday gown myself. I didn't want to part with my bob but at last, I had to.