EPILOGUE

I took extra classes and went to Joy's house during the weekend for her to teach me. I was more than ready for the exams.

Examinations came and left. Although it was a strenuous process and unlike before whereby I would ransack my head before writing a few lines, I wrote flawlessly without thinking.

I was sure I was going to ace my exams. All I was waiting for was the results.

"I have something to say to you guys" I said pursing my lips.

"You look serious, what is it?" SK asked as I smiled.

I was definitely going to miss them. A whole lot.

I took a deep breath "After this term, I'm going to San Fransico" I said as their eyes widened.

"What do you mean?" Joy asked as I smiled.

"One of my violin videos got uploaded to San Francisco Music Academy and they sent me a mail. Its a scholarship. They'll cover all the expenses and I'll finish school there" I replied while wringing my hands together.

"As I much as I want to stay with you guys, stay with my parents; I want to chase my dreams as well. I'm not cut for science class, I realized that already. I know if I read well and hard; I'll do well but this is not my calling. Guys please" I said my eyes tearing up.

Ini stood up and walked away. I pursed my lips as I stared at the rest of them.

Ife was the first to stand up and engulf me in a hug.

"Follow your dream Rachel, I'll miss you" Ife whispered as I hugged him back.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I turned to SK. He was the one who made me laugh the most. He was funny and easy going let's leave his canassova attitude aside.

SK pulled me into a hug "I'll miss you too" he said as I nodded against his shoulder.

Joy was already sobbing as she hugged me. I allowed the tears to run down my cheeks as I hugged her tighter.

"I'll miss you" Joy said.

"I'll miss you too" I said as I continued holding her.

We pulled apart and Joy managed a smile "You might have to go cajole your boyfriend" Joy said as SK managed a short laugh.

I smiled slightly as I ran in the direction Ini had gone. Yeah, you got it right. I and Ini started dating two weeks ago.

I found Ini standing motionlessly his hands in his pockets. I rushed towards him and wrapped my hands around his waist as I buried my head in his back.

Tears continued to run down my cheeks as I inhaled his scent. In the two weeks we had dated; I knew how it felt to be loved, doted upon and ruthlessly spoilt.

Although Ini was quiet, he was observant. And even before we started dating, he had found out the things I liked and didn't. He smiled a lot at me and helped me with my academics.

And he loved me.

"When did they send you the mail?" Ini slowly asked and my heart sank at his question.

"Two weeks ago" I replied. I received the mail some minutes before Ini asked me out.

"That's why" Ini said as I leaned against his back.

"I weren't the clingy type or the sticky type and all of a sudden you became one. You wanted to go yo all kind of places" Ini added as I sighed.

Ini was extremely smart but I hadn't expected him to deduce that something was up with my attitude. He slowly pried my hands away and turned to face me.

"When are you leaving?" Ini asked.

"August 2" I replied. It was a week after vacation.

"Let's make more memories" Ini said before crashing his lips on mine. The kiss was quiet and gentle as if he was slowly pouring all his love into me.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Selfie!" SK said as he took a snapshot.

We were at the airport where I was to take my flight. Ini was holding my hands tightly and I even tried to hold his tighter.

My parents walked towards us "Baby, your flight has been called. Its time to go" My mom said her eyes watering.

She pulled me into a hug and I burst into tears too. I had tried to spend more time with my parents since I wasn't going to see them for the next four years.

I turned to my friends, tears running down my cheeks. These were the people who were they for me at my lowest, helped me when no one wanted to, accepted me when everyone rejected me and loved me so much.

It was heart wrenching that I didn't get to spend more time with them.

"I wish I met you guys earlier" I said as we did a joint hug. SK was crying openly and everyone laughed.

I slowly turned to Ini and hugged him. He rand his hands through my hair without saying anything. I liked his hands in my hair.

"Inioluwa, you have to wait for me" I whispered.

I touched the half necklace on my neck and tried to wipe my tears.

We pulled apart and Ini dropped a peck on my forehead.

"I'll miss you" He said slowly.

His eyes were misty but not a single tear dropped. I grabbed my box and waved to them as I walked towards the counter.

I quickly finished all the processes and stepped into the plane. Luckily my seat was beside the window.

I closed my eyes as the plane descended into the air. My reply to my dad's assignment the night before I clocked sixteen came to my mind.

"Olumayede Rachel is an optimistic and a confident lady. She is energy spirited, nice and funny. She loves her friends and would do anything for them as long as they can do the same for her. She's an expert at paying people back in their own coin without an extra penny. She's witty and smart. She does whatever she wants without anyone's consent. She follows her dreams without taking anyone's opinion as only hers matters. She aims to be her best while helping those around her. Rachel has learnt to love herself without reservations. She has learnt to put herself first in any situation. Rachel hopes to be just Rachel

I smiled as I stuck my eyepiece in my ear. I clicked on shuffle and when LOVE YOURSELF by Justin Beiber flowed into my ears. I laughed again while shaking my head.

THE END.