Chapter 1: How They Got Technicolor

The Problem With Originals

Warning! While it does become a romance, there is a lot of serious issues embedded inside this one. The word abortion will show up (though none takes place), there is prejudice, psychological issues, and moral dilemmas. If at anytime you want to quit reading, please feel free to quit reading.

"It was the cheese! The cheese did it, it was the cheese! Put the cheese in here!"

Prologue:

Present Day

Jasper the rat looked up from his book as he noticed his new roomate. "Welcome to RddoubleC."

"RD double C? Rodents Dogs and Crazy Cats?" The mouse looked all around himself. "I don't belong here, I'm not crazy. I'm not, I'm not a crazy mouse. I keep telling everyone the truth." The mouse rubbed his hands together over and over. "It's the cheese. It pestered me and it would never me alone. All the time, telling me it wanted to be green. It wanted to be green. I may have painted all of them I could find green, but I only did it because it wouldn't leave me alone. That lousy Limburger, that swiny swiss cheese and that monster of muenster!"

"Uh huh." Jasper just waved his hand casually. "Whatever kid, everyone in this place is crazy. Here, you'll fit right in." He placed his book down. "The sooner you confess you don't hear the voices in your head, even though you do, the faster you'll be out. Trust me, you don't wanna hang around. There are some real psychos in here. So, what's your name?"

"Lesta," Lesta said as he kept rubbing his hands together. "I've never been here, usually they put me in a general asylum."

"They're getting full," Jasper explained. "Ever since them warners took over, the place is crawling with too many crazies these days." He stood up. "You don't have many neighbors right now and there's not a lot to do except spinning in wheels, drinking from water spouts and telling stories." He pointed directly below their cage. "That's Kat. He's a cat, and he knows he's a cat but he's convinced that the world thinks he's a dog."

"I know you all think I'm crazy, but I'm a cat, I am a cat!" Kat yelled as he shook his cage.

Jasper pointed to his left. "That over there is Gary. He's an agoraphobic Schizophrenic. He's only in his right mind when he's caged up."

"I wonder what's going on in the world today?" Gary turned a page on his newspaper.

"Get me out! I'm not crazy, I do not belong here! Please someone, help me! Help me!"

"Who's that screaming?" Lesta looked toward his bottom right. There was a huge cage, much bigger than theirs.

"Ooh, that there is the legendary Yakko Warner and his girl Aroma," Jasper said.

Lesta gasped and backed up in his cage. "There's an original warner in here?!"

"Like I said, places are packed," Lesta reminded him. "They're so dangerous that they want a small isolated place to watch out for them better. You be careful around them, Lesta. You're about a level one, and you should be a three to even speak to them too long. They can drive you crazy."

"I'm not crazy, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not!"

Aroma glared at Yakko Warner with eyes full of hatred. "I wish I never met you!"

Yakko Warner just laid back on his bedding. "Would you just get down and let someone else holler for a little while? Try taking turns, Honey."

"Don't you honey me, don't you honey me!" Aroma jumped down and went to the opposite side. "You say that and bees associate honey with pollen and flowers, and my name is Aroma, and I know you are trying to get them to attack me." She pointed to her head. "I'm not crazy, I know exactly what you are doing." She screamed again and shook the cage. "I'm not crazy!"