Den Talks

It had been a month since that day. And Gramps was leaving to go to sea again. It was quiet around the house, something that you were not used to, you'd always wished for the silence now you'd give anything to have your brothers home.

You hadn't told Killer everything as to why Sabo and Luffy also left he understood though. You'd guys were still still getting to know each other. However your last date with Killer you'd told him all about your depression issues and how it affected your emotions. You'd told him one evening when he dropped you back at home after a nice dinner and movie date. You'd kissed his forehead and left him to stare after you. The next morning you found him on your front porch waiting on you when you were going to walk Beast.

"Killer?"

"Have you gotten any better?" He was of course talking about your depression.

"I mean in some ways yes in others no. Beast has helped a lot. He loves me no matter what, Perona is the same. And even Shaichi has been a huge help. And you too." He looked at you.

"Why did you tell me so soon in our relationship?" You took a breath and let Beast off his leash to run around. You sat down on the porch steps next to him close enough but not touching.

"When I started getting more open with my therapist, he told me that I should always be honest with the people so they know exactly what I'm like. He said to tell them too late would be living a lie and that wasn't fair to the person who I wanted to get close to. I really like you Killer and I didn't want you to be lied to to. You deserve the whole truth about me at least. I'll slowly tell you about my childhood and what an awful shit I was. But only if you want to stick around." He was quiet for a minute. Beast ran up to him with a stick, Killer threw it and your dog chased it.

"Have people ditched you because of it?"

"Yeah, the ones who mattered didn't though."

"And me? What am I to you?"  You looked him in the eyes with a sad smile on your face.

"Someone who is easily becoming a person too important to lose."

"Will you tell me why your other brothers left."

Your heart was in your throat. You'd reflected on what you'd done to Ace, and you decided it was a shit thing to do even if he wasn't hurt physically because of you, you'd hurt his trust. You'd tried to call him, he'd changed his number. You'd tried calling Newgate, he wouldn't let you talk to him. Sabo and Luffy were also avoiding you. It hurt but you understood it.

"If you really want me to yes I will. You won't like it but yes I'll tell you."

"Will it make me want to break up with you?"

You felt tears pricking at your eyes.

"Probably." Beast came up with his leash in his mouth. Killer took it out of his mouth.

"You don't need to tell me. The fact that you were honest enough to tell me that it'd make me break up with you, is enough for me to know that you realize how bad you messed up." He held his hand out to you. You cried then and went into his chest. He let you kissing your head and rubbing circles around your shoulders. Beast let out a woof causing both of you to laugh. "Let's get him his exercise, then we'll go to Shaky's."

"Sounds good."

You'd sent him a text later that night explaining what you'd done. You were still too chicken to tell him face to face.

~Timeskip~

Almost a week and no word from Killer. You'd sent him a text earlier this morning but still no reply.