Chapter-10

COLOURED WORMS?

Somehow I persuaded my sister to lend me some money for the painting. After wrecking my brain and helping her with math(she should have gone mad, instead I did) she gave me 10 dollars. Yes. 10 DOLLARS. Can you believe it? She is such a shell fish, sorry, tongue-slip, selfish girl . No wonder she looks like a shell fish.

Anyways, we met at Scorpius' place today to put together and count the amount of money each of us earned. Am was already there when I arrived. Scorpius' lemonade stand stood at one corner(haha! stand stood!!). Amanda was sitting on a stool, wearing a very bilious expression. She shoved 25 dollars into my hands. Scorp- I am calling him that now, gave me 0 dollars. So what went wrong? When I tasted Scorp's lemonade, I faced a severe attack of nausea.

Turned out guy didn't know that he had to add sugar. Instead, he dissolved nearly 3 whole cups of salt in 2 Litres of lemon water. Now you know why Am was looking like that. As I had a very big heart, I told him the real lemonade recipe. But now too, we didn't have much time to make some more lemonade and sell it long enough to gain 22 more dollars. We had our exams coming up next week and had to finish this mission as quick as we could.

Ahoy Ahoy Scorp dear!! It was Mr.Greengrass. He was returning home after touring Albania(a new species of bacteria discovered!). After all the hugging and sentimental weeping, Am, Scorp and I followed him to his bio lab. Am and I got a brilliant idea about the money problem. We asked Mr.Greengrass if we could help him with something and soon, we agreed on a deal. Alas, we were sitting on the ground separating turquoise coloured worms from brown ones. Wriggly, slimy, alive, wormy worms. How do the Chinese eat this? There were nearly 20 worms in each colour. I put them in separate glass bottles filled with a very green liquid. So did Am and Scorp. Mr. Greengrass was very happy with our work. He was so satisfied that he gave us 25 dollars!

We hurried to Chayton's art gallery where Leo was also present. We paid him the 57 dollars and soon bought the pie painting. Now we had to investigate. But before that, a sundae treat is necessary after all the hard work. We walked all the way to the McCaffrey ice cream parlour, me carrying the pie painting. Weird, isn't it?

Yours Awesomely,

Sheldon Fortisque