Chapter-15

FEELING BLESSED!

A surprise party? I have never even dreamt of throwing one for my friends. I mean, I attend all their parties, but just that I have never organised one for them, all by myself. You see, our family has this wonderful tradition- whenever we have a birthday in the house, we spend it like a normal day. Like nothing happened. Just a quick wish from all the aunties and uncles and grannies and grandads and that's it. But this time, Amanda, Scorpius and you won't believe it, Ish organised a small party for me! And it was awesome! Only my family and Scorp and Am's parents were present. We even had cupcakes with icing! For once, I totally forgot about the Jammy Berry Pie.

I wanted to do something special on my birthday. Birthdays aren't just about giving the guests attractive return gifts. I have never cut a cake for my birthday except for this one. It is fun, but aren't kids out there who don't know when their birthday is? I was thinking about it after my midnight party came to an end. I felt bad. A few days ago, when I was on my way to school, I saw two boys. Their clothing torn, they were sitting on the platform. I wanted to do something, but as I was already late for school that day, I passed. But now when I think of it, I feel really bad...I hate myself. We all have parents and we all experience comforts in life. But them? They don't own anything. No one gives them a second look. If you put yourself in that position, how would you feel? I mean, Come on! They are kids my age. Isn't it dreadful?

So in the morning, I got up. Thankfully, it was a Sunday. Scorpius and I met at Amanda's house. I told them about my heart ache. For one hour after my talk, there was pure physical silence(not mental of course). It popped. "Unless you think about curing their worries, yours will not be cured". Could this be it? I asked Amanda for the pie. She got it in a box, and put it on the table. This time we cut the pie. The knife actually cut through the pie! We cut it into many tiny pieces. We put all the pie pieces back into the box. We asked Mrs.Greengrass if she could take us, and she said, "Obviously, kiddos! you're doing a great job!"( Although she didn't know that it was a magic pie which could make you lucky). We reached the McCaffrey home for the orphaned. We handed over the box with the Jammy Berry Pie pieces to the caretaker of the orphanage and asked her to distribute it to all the kids. I didn't want to create a big scene distributing. If you come to think of it, its actually embarrassing for them. And that's how I spent my Birthday morning. Am, Scorp and me part ways for the day. They looked so happy and satisfied. I felt really contented. I felt blessed and grateful to have such amazing friends and such a caring family(not excluding my sister, lol!). I returned home and had lunch. It was the usual; but somehow it was tastier than ever. Relaxing myself on my bed, I opened my Great-Grandmother's Cookbook. It now said "Sheldon, I am impressed with your work. But this is not the end. Always remember the words". And successfully, we had completed our Jammy adventure. I put the cookbook on the table and recalled our whole adventure.

The Cookbook sat on the table and glowed; this time a happy one. I could see that because I glowed too.

Yours Happily Ever After,

Sheldon Fortisque.