chapter 1: feelings are intense

A/N: I couldn't help myself, I love these two so much.

I'm not Thai so some elements of this story may be my British interpretation of how things might work in Thailand.

:::::

Tin stared at the computer screen with a frown. He'd read the same line at least five times and his concentration was shot. His mind was full of his encounter with Can the previous day, replaying the moment Can had asked him for one more kiss. It was the first time Can had been the one to instigate anything between them, punches aside, offering himself to Tin rather than conceding to him. Can had kissed Tin back and afterwards had let Tin put his arm around him without complaint. They had watched the movie like that, not quite cuddling but side by side, Can's head on his shoulder.

The whole encounter had been an exercise in restraint because he couldn't risk scaring Can away by giving into his desire to consume him whole. He wanted it all, like he never had with anyone else. No one else had even come close. All who had gone before had just been for physical release, and he had never had to try, the girls just came to him.

Can had clearly never kissed anyone before Tin, but with every kiss they had shared he grew in confidence. Tin wanted to be the one to teach him everything.

Hell, if Can realised just a fraction of what Tin felt for him, he'd most likely run.

Tin's phone rang and jolted him out of his train of thought. It was Can. He fought back a smile and answered with "Hello."

"Tin, what did you do with Pete? You can't do that! Pete is Ae's boyfriend. My sister said you are Pete's boyfriend. How is that possible? You're always hanging out with me so when did you have time to flirt with him? Don't tell me that you and Pete kissed too?

"You can't do that—we already kissed, and you told me that you want to date me! You can't do this! If I find out you are still trying to take Pete from Ae, I'll hunt you down and beat you up. I'm so angry right now... Say something, give me an excuse... Don't be quiet like this. Do you want me to come over there? I know where you live."

"Are you jealous?" Tin felt the hope blossom, his heart rate picking up.

"Jealous my ass! Stop kidding yourself."

"You don't want me to hang around with Pete?"

"I don't."

"Why?"

"You said you like me."

"You told me to stop messing with the other Thai Programs, but you don't want me to be friends with Pete when I'm trying to date you. Isn't this jealousy?"

"Mmm... I'm hanging up now." Can ended the call leaving Tin staring down at his phone with a soft smile.

"Deny it as much as you want, Cantaloupe, you are jealous," Tin said to the empty room. Please let that obvious jealousy translate into Can wanting what Tin wanted. "God, Goddess, whoever is out there, please, I don't ask for much, just give me this one thing. Let him agree to be my boyfriend."

:::::

Can was avoiding him. It had been three days since their cinema date and the kiss, and Tin had been riding high on that back of it, especially after Can had called him the day after wanting to know if he'd been kissing Pete. He'd been so cute with his jealousy and it made Tin fall just that little bit harder.

Reality had crashed back down on him yesterday when there had no sign of Can in all the places he might normally expect to find him, and his messages had gone unanswered.