chapter 10: if this all shatters

A/N: I make no secret that I am not a fan of the KlaNo ship in LBC. I was hoping Kla would get his comeuppance as imho he's a rapist, but no - there's a whole book about them and they will be in LBC as one of the couples. In this story I'm treating that scenario for what I believe it is.

On happier note, one more day till Season 2 starts! ❤️😊

Tin halted in the doorway, back to the room. Can said, "What the fuck, Tin, reading my messages—!" Can clenched his fists, fighting the anger and confusion. Fighting the urge to scream. "We need to talk." He waited. His heart was pounding. Why was it doing that? Why did he feel he had to explain this to someone who was 'just' a friend?

Tin didn't turn around. "It's none of my business who you kiss," he said and walked out of the door. Can ran after him but Tin was at sliding out of the gate and Can couldn't follow him and leave Ren sleeping in the house alone.

What the fuck? Why had Tin even looked at his phone in the first place?

He sat down on the sofa and stared at the phone, at the seventeen missed call notifications from No from earlier in the day and the many text messages. He needed to sort that out first, then he could go after Tin. No picked up on the first ring. "Can, thank fuck. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, No," Can lied because nothing was fine was it? "You don't have to worry. I've already forgiven you."

He heard a huff of air from No and then, "I really am sorry. It was a stupid idea."

"I don't think the idea was stupid! I just don't think I'm the right person for that."

"I know." Can could almost sense No running his hand through his hair and making it more of a mess than it usually was. "Could we pretend it never happened?"

"It's forgotten." Can stood up and was already walking towards the staircase. "I'll see you Monday at practice, okay?"

"See you Monday."

Can hung up the phone and had his foot on the first step, intending to grab Ren then go after Tin in the hope he had gone back to his place when he heard a voice behind him. "You're right. We do need to talk." Tin was back.

Can indicated to Tin that they should sit on the sofa, so they perched on opposite ends looking at one another. Can knew the time had come to tell Tin fuck ton of stuff he'd been holding back. His friend and senior kissing him was just the tip of that iceberg, a sort of side-effect.

"I'm pissed at you for reading that message, you had no right!" Can started, still angry and needing to get that out of the way.

Tin didn't respond, just looked at Can with his expression number two: unreadable. Can knew better now than he had back when he'd first been getting to know Tin. He knew that face formed part of Tin's defences.

"I'm going to tell you something now. Afterwards I don't want to discuss it, in fact I never want to talk about it ever again to your or anyone else. This goes no further than you." Can took a deep breath. "Do you agree to those terms?"

Tin nodded, absently stroking Gucci who hadn't moved from his side since he'd re-entered the house.

"Okay." Can took a deep breath. "I was on the football team all through high school. We'd play against a lot of the other schools in the area in a league. In my last year we played away at Wellington. We won the match. Afterwards while we waited for the bus to collect us, I was approached by a girl who was a student at Wellington. Her name was Lhew. She was quite straightforward, she asked me on a date. She was beautiful, and I mean stunning and I was flattered, I said yes.