Chapter Four | Crossing Paths Again

Sage's POV:

"So... what exactly are you going to do? I mean... I you've only met Daniel twice. He doesn't even know that we know about his murdered fiancée." Jay said as I helped him set his desk up in his bedroom. For the past few days he and I have been talking about the stuff I found about Elizabeth Green's murder. Neither one of us really came to any groundbreaking thoughts or conclusions, mostly because we didn't have any evidence. The only way I could find out more is if I got close to Daniel, the man she was engaged to before she was killed. "I'll just have to become friends with him. Besides... he seems like a nice guy." I said and Jay gave me a strange look. "Don't get too close to him though. We aren't entirely sure that he can be trusted; the police suspected him as Elizabeth's murderer after all." He said with a serious look on his face. "Jay, the police always suspects the ones closest to the victim first. That doesn't mean that they're guilty." I said feeling slightly annoyed, but I knew he was right. "I know, I know. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you. We promised Ash that we'd be careful after all." He replied and I let him know that I understood.

I didn't want to make my friends upset, especially if I got hurt or something worse. I pressed my thoughts to the back of my mind as we finished setting his desk up. While he was hooking up his computer I pretty much just watched. I didn't want to mess up any of his equipment; he did pay a lot of money for all of it. "I think I'm going to stream a little to let my viewers know things are back to normal." Jay said once he was finished. "Okay. Someone in town bought a couple of my painting. I have to meet them at that cafe we went to so they can pick them up." I said with a deep sigh. "Okay, but be safe." He said with a slight worried look in his blue eyes. "I will." I replied with a small smile. I let him to start his live stream and went up to my attic office to grab the paintings I had to drop off. I wrapped them up to protect them during the journey and then put them in a large bag so they didn't get ruined if it rained. The skies were covered with thick gray clouds, so I wanted to be safe rather than sorry. I sent Jay a quick text to let him know I was leaving. After locking the door behind me, I put the paintings on the passenger seat before getting inside my car. During the drive I listened to some music just to keep my mind from wondering back to the murder case of Elizabeth Green.

Marilyn Manson's new song We Are Chaos started playing through the speakers, brightening my mood a little. When I reached the cafe I parked my car and entered the building. I walked towards the back because my customer and I arranged to meet there. "Daniel?" I said in a questioning tone. He turned to face me and his big brown eyes brightened. "Sage?! Are... wait... you're the one I emailed about the paintings?" He asked me with a huge grin on his handsome face. "Yeah I... I guess so." I replied with an amused laugh. I didn't even know he was the one who emailed me, because his name wasn't in the address. Hell, we didn't even exchange names in the email. It was probably a stupid move but it worked out anyway. I just couldn't believe that he and I had been crossing paths so much. 'Maybe it isn't a coincidence though.' I thought inside of my head. 'What it the universe is making us cross paths because justice needs to be done.' I wondered. It probably sounds crazy to anyone who doesn't believe in fate or anything like that. But I always believed that the world works in mysterious ways.

I joined him at the table he was sitting at and handed him the paintings he bought. He looked at them before he gave me the money I told him the paintings cost. "These are really amazing, Sage. They look even better in person. You are a very talented artists." He said happily, which made me smile and blush a little. Complements always embarrass me for some reason. "Thanks. I'm really glad you like them." I replied with a smile. He placed the paintings back in the bag before turning his entire attention to me. "How have you been?" He asked me curiously after little moment of comfortable silence. "I've been good actually. How about yourself?" I said. "I'm okay." He replied. Even though his eyes were bright I could tell there was a sadness swimming around in their beautiful depths. The two of us made small talk and a waitress stopped by to ask if we wanted anything to drink or eat. I ordered a coffee and so did Daniel even though the blond haired woman gave him a less than friendly look. But he didn't seem to really notice and maybe that's because he was use to it. It hurt knowing people treat him so badly, but now I understood why. They all think he killed Elizabeth Green.