Taking Back What Was Ours

December 1st, 2025
(1600 hours)
(Lilith Taylor)

"Here's our chance to make a move, our objective is to take back London," the CO stated, "After a couple of weeks in drone scans, we noticed that the enemy are starting to establish their base. The objective of the SAS team is to neutralize the base while NATO troops push through the city. The challenge word is blue. The countersign is moon. Keep that in mind, might save your life."

"And how are we getting into the base?" Derek asked.

"We're HALO jumping this time from three-zero angels," I mentioned.

"You two are leading the charge," the CO mentioned.

"What?!" we shouted in unison.

"What I want is zero casualties on this. Can I trust you two with this?" he asked sternly.

I nodded slightly and glanced at Derek. He was an old-timer for sure but these new enemies shook him up really hard.

"Derek, you okay?" I asked.

He sighed before confessing,"Sir, I don't want to participate in this mission."

The CO stroked his chin before accepting his confession.

"Colonel Lillith, you are the leading the charge to disable the enemy base."

"Aye, sir."

"Let's get started eh? Your operation starts in forty mikes. Muster your team and get to Hold A3 position across from the Cargo and Osprey Hangar. The C-17 will take you to your drop zone."

"Where do we expect to land?"

"The GATE is in the Tower of London between the Royal Chapel and Tower Green. Enemy forces are well into the hundreds, however we have the element of surprise. Your LZ is Potter Fields. You can set up an overwatch position on what remains of the Tower Bridge. As for NATO troops, they start 30 minutes from now. That should be enough time for some of their defences to leave making it easier for you."

"And if we're spotted?"

"Kill them all before you fall. That is all."

"Roger."

I stepped out of the tent and saw the military garrison at Southampton. Military aircraft lined the apron and the terminal was filled with cots for soldiers. Everyone was already at the C-17 on the apron with all of their equipment.

"Alright, we have the green light on the operation. You'll be briefed on the way there. However, if you want to bow out, now would be the time," I declared.

The youngest recruit stepped forward with all of his gear.

"I...I don't want to go," he mentioned.

I sighed, "Okay, go to the terminal and wait for further orders."

"Aye."

================
(1640 hours)
(Specialist Jarred Hill | SAS Sniper)

"Are we clear?" she asked.