Welcome to the Other Side

January 14th, 2026

(Arnold Kennedie | USMC)

[American Continent Gate]

It's been a month and the US Sector gate has become a thriving community. The base has all of its major functions online. We've been dispatching patrols but as of now, large-scale action is relatively limited. All the land was enemy territory. Drone footage revealed we were around 30 klicks away from the Russian base and 20 klicks from the Japanese. That meant our base was in the middle.

"Pretty convenient," I thought while watching out of the tower.

The gates of the world are divided among their respective continents. The UK holds the European Continent Gate. Australia holds Oceania and Southern Asia Gate. Japan holds the East Asia Gate. Russia holds the Middle East and Northern Asia Gate. However, all Gates are spread from each other.

"Hey, what's that?" Benry asked.

He pulled out binoculars and scanned the horizon. A small dot could be seen hovering in the distance.

"Oh shit, a dragon dude," I remarked.

"Pretty cool," he responded,"Wait, what's that light blue thing?"

A red flash glinted on the horizon. A plink sounded near us. I turned to my right to find a scorch mark on the roof support. The metal around the edges were glowing orange. More red flashes appeared and streaked overhead.

"Fuck! Call command, we're under attack!" I shouted while ducking.

Benry ducked down and pressed the button on his radio.

"Command, this is tower 5! We're under attack! No shit!" Benry shouted.

Sirens screamed around the base. Marines started to run to their battle station. Some without a plate carrier. A whistling sound started to blow.

"The fuck is it now?" I thought while pulling out the M240B.

"Incoming!" someone shouted.

An explosion erupted in the middle of the camp followed by more explosions.

"We need god damn air support!" Benry stated while handing me an ammo belt.

"No shit dude," I responded, "Where the fuck are the Japanese!"

Over our radios, we could here a hail for help from the Base Commander. 

"Any station this net, we are under attack. The enemy has numbers and aerial superiority. We need all the help we can get," he stated.

I finished loading the M240B and aimed it at the attacking front. Looking through the ACOG sights, I could barely see them. The zipping of the C-RAM could be heard in the background attempting to counter bombs and artillery from the enemy. Lasers were still streaking towards us. 

"The fuck is their air force?! I can't get a bead on them!" one of the .50 cal gunners shouted.

Gunshots could still be heard. Orange tracers filled the sky while red streaks from lasers crossed paths.