The angel and the devil

Austin pov

I lay on my bed, thinking about what my life was going to be from tomorrow onwards.

I hated my parents, I hated everyone around me, I was supposed to be making friends, going to school like a normal kid but being a Mafia King is not normal in itself.

The party was in full swing downstairs. I wanted to sleep and put an end to all this thinking- to let tomorrow commence but this stupid mafias like to catch up.

I needed to clear my head, I needed to get out of this hell hall and so I took my jacket, opened my balcony door and I jumped down landing straight to the ground. I made a run towards the gate.

The guards patrolling notice me but they knew better then to mess with me.

I ran out of the gate, running towards my forest spot. I always come to the forest whenever I am not myself.

As I was already inside the forest I calm down myself. The fresh air and the smell of the rain hits me as I started to take a stroll along the familiar way. In a distance I saw a little girl in a white dress running.

I followed her out of curiosity with a few more runs and she clumsily fells down. She started to cry after a few minutes she turn towards me as I steps on the dry leaves I find my eyes going big 'gosh Austin you could have been more discrete' and like the girl she is she scream and I don't know what happened but I find myself covering her mouth.

She kept on mumbling incoherent words, she was shaking badly out of fear and I felt the need to just take away the fear, specifically Her FEAR.

I bend down and there I saw the most beautiful eyes staring right back at me.

“Stop crying, I am not going to hurt you, beautiful girls don't cry" I said trying to clam her down. And shockingly she did.

After some moments I heard the little girl talk in a timid voice “who are you?” said the little girl.

“Somebody who will never hurt you”, the little girl pull away form my embrace and look at me smiling and then in there I know what love was.

Something wet fell on my face and I noticed that it was raining so I took her hand, “Follow me, it looks like it's going to rain badly again”.

She nodded her head as a yes, so we ran, running deeper into the woods.

Stacey pov

We were under a big tree waiting for the rain to clam down. Austin was so gentle, he gave me his jacket and his smell is so good, I need to ask him what soap he uses. Mentally smirking to myself.

“So little girl you never told me your name,” Austin turn and spoke.

I giggled and shyly told, "my name is Satcey Greene”.

“Stacey”, Austin repeated as if like trying to memorize it on his lips. He nodded and smiled, a genuine smile which I for sure would pay to see again.

“Tell me more of you, aha no let's play 20 questions. Looks like the rain will last longer, what do you say, little girl”, Austin said.

I nodded my head vigorously alone with a giggle and said “I am not that little you know!!”.

“yeah, you are not a little girl”, he said with a smirk and in that moment I forgot all my pains.

In the night two new love bloomed, talking all night long, learning about each other's lives, there disappointments and discouragements. There memories, there favourites there hatreds. Learning to love each other's brokeness.

The next morning came, tangled in each other's embrace. They hold their hands walking towards the police station.

When they reach, Austin stop them and turn towards her, “I can't go further, you will need to go alone”

“why, why can't you stay with me?” Stacey asked pouting.

Scratching the back of his head he replied “I have my own reason, you know”.

I simple nodded my head.

Austin look towards her sad face and replied “ Little girl... you need not worry about that, I'll find you myself I promise ''here” he remove his necklace and put it on her and said “this will bring us together, it's precious to me, you know kinda heirloom thing”. He said shyly.

Then they bid their farewells and parted ways..

The police had search the night for the child but couldn't as it was raining hard so they retreated for the night, what they didn't except was to find her early in the morning sitting on the lonely bench out the police station.

The police approach, and she was reminded once again of the night. She felt her eyes prick with tears but she hold the necklace tightly and try her best to smile.

The police arranged necessary documents for her departure to the orphanage. The Owner of the orphanage came and took her.

She sat in the car felt with all kinds of emotions and thoughts. She wanted to run but this was for her best.

Soon a week had passed and she was slowly adapting to the new environment, she had met a friend who understood her like the back of her hand.

And as promised, Austin had managed to find her and they have been secretly meeting ever since. She was happy again and just like that a YEAR had passed.

But happiness for her was never permanent.

Stacey have being crying her eyes out like the world is going to end soon after the disappearance of Austin her best friend June was patting her back telling her everything well be alright.

“June, why don't he come back anymore, it's been a while now, he should have already meet me” siad Stacey.

“i know Saty's I know, stop crying he will come soon, he will”, but the words spoken by June felt doubtful in itself.
________________________________________________

What happened to Austin why is he not meeting up with Stacey.
What is the thing Austin is so busy with??

Vote and comment your suggestions!!