Chapter 7

Louie's POV

          I didn't get much sleep that night. I had a nightmare almost instantly and couldn't fall back asleep. The only thing to pass the time was talk to Magica, and I needed clarification on everything so it was okay I guess.

'Why do you need the dime anyway? I thought you already had all your power back.'

Because, dummy, I joined Glomgold's stupid 'family's and we all agreed on getting the dime.

'But why?'

For the feeling of accomplishment, I don't know, why do ask so many questions?

'Because I don't trust you, and I wish you'd leave me alone.'

Louie I care about you! I care more than anyone in this family does. Huey and Dewey only hangout with you because you're they're brother, Della abandoned you before you were born, Scrooge just used you for money, and Webby thinks you're useless. I care. I see potential in you Louie.

'Really? You- you think I have potential?'

Yes! And you could join our 'family' we'd treat you like royalty, unlike here.

'I- I don't know...'

How about this. You get the dime, help me and trust me, and when all the work is done, you decide.

'Okay..'

           Deep down I knew my answer was yes. I wanted to join them because I knew they would appreciate my work. The only thing keeping me from instantly joining was last night when I heard Dewey say, 'I love you, Baby brother.' It felt like maybe Huey and Dewey really did care.

Time Skip Dewey's POV

            When I woke up I saw that Louie was already awake. "Morning, Louie." I yawned. He didn't respond but he smiled at me. I decided to wake Huey up and go downstairs but as I left I heard Louie mumbling to himself. All I caught was, 'Louie, I love _______ don't. I'll do it __night _ promise.' It was like he was arguing with himself. I made a mental more to ask him about that when we get to be alone.

When we got downstairs the questions started immediately.

"Louie where were you yesterday?"

"When did you leave?"

"What did you do?"

"How long were you gone?"

"Why did you leave?"

        I looked at Louie to see if he was bothered , but he seemed fine. He opened his mouth, probably to tell everyone what was going on, and then shut it abruptly. He looked shocked, but I decided to cover for him. "He didn't tell you? He went for a walk and lost track of time." I looked at Huey, signalling him to follow me, and then grabbed Louie's arm and pulled him upstairs.

"Seriously, where were you?"

Louie's POV

         I debated telling them. I didn't knowing they'd believe me but I had to say something, so I decided to tell the truth.

"Well, yesterday M-" I felt my head twitch to the sued and then suddenly I wasn't in control of my mouth. "What's it to you?"

"What do you mean?" Huey asked, looking suprised.

"I SAID, what's it to you? Huh? Why are you suddenly so interested in my life? You never have before!"

"That's not true..." Dewey said.

"Oh, sure. Just so you know, I hate you both. I'm better off by myself, without this fake family pretending they care about me!"

"Wow, Louie. You really are a terrible brother." Dewey muttered before leaving and slamming the door shut. This gained the attention of Della, who came upstairs.

"What's going on up here?!"

Huey looked in the verge of years before he said, "Louie said he hated us, and he's better off without us.."

"Llewellyn Duck, you should be ashamed! So I really have to ground you again?! You are nothing but trouble." Della shook her head before guiding Huey out of the room.

Good, they're gone. No it's time to put our plan into action!

          I smiled. Everyone basically confirmed they don't care about me just now. I was fully on board now. This should be fun.