Chapter 15

I felt myself blush, thankful that the color couldn't be seen in this form. A wave of tiredness washed over me. I didn't want to change back to my human form so I curled myself in Gabriel's hands. They were warm and held me with a tenderness that no other shifter had ever touched me with. As I closed my eyes, I overheard them talk.

"She's going to sleep," Brandon spoke in surprise.

Nathan whispered. "Doesn't she need to change back?"

"Let her sleep," Sean spoke. "She exhausted her powers yesterday."

"Wouldn't falling asleep in this form tire her more?" Corey asked Sean.

Sean answered him. "I'm checking her health. It doesn't seem to harm her."

"Was I the only one who thought she was lying about her being a bat?" Nathan questioned the others.

"It would have been better if she was wyvern, like me," Raven pouted.

Victor was the first to speak. "I thought she'd be a kitsune or phoenix."

Gabriel snorted. "Of course you'd think that. You and your admiration for fire."

"Kitsune?" Silas mused. "I thought she'd be an angel."

Luke chuckled. "I thought she was like me and North."

I buried my head deeper into Gabriel's warm hands. His scent was relaxing, almost like lavender and mint.

"Fuck, she's so cute," Gabriel breathed out. "That's it. I'm claiming her!"

"Fuck, no!" North whispered-yelled. "She's not yours."

"Yeah," Marc replied in a joking manner. "She's mine."

"She's not yours either, idiot," North said before a smacking sound was heard.

"Gentlemen," Mr. Blackbourne spoke in exasperation with a very slight tint of amusement. "I believe we have jobs to do."

As they started to walk, I was gently rocked into sleep.

Sang, where are you? A voice yelled, calling my name. I looked up. The sky was dark and ominous. Lightning flashed through the sky, and thunder rumbled. Trees towered over me, and a person was above me. His arms were extended to hold onto one of my arms. It was then that I noticed that I was hanging over a cliff, and the only thing that prevented me from plummeting into the unknown below me was this person. The person's face was shrouded in shadow, and falling raindrops clouded my sight. I knew that the man above me wasn't any of the fifteen men that I had recently met. A flash of color made me look at the ring on the stranger's hand. A blue stone was set in silver but when I blinked, the color bled into a vibrant purple.

I felt a shock of surprise go through the man above me. In a deep voice, he spoke in disbelief. "It's you."

All of a sudden, my hand slipped from his, and my body seemed to fall. Everything seemed to move in slow motion. I watched as the man moved, throwing himself off the cliff. His arm reached towards mine. As our finger brushed, a flash of lightning lit the sky.

I jerked awake. My dream replayed in my mind. It was strange. That stranger felt familiar, yet I can't remember who he was or where I have met him.

"A nightmare?" A voice startled me, making me fall off a cushion onto a hard surface. I blinked, looking at where I was. A large royal blue pillow was in front of me, and I had fallen onto a glossy desk. Towers of papers covered the desk, and beside me was Gabriel who looked at me above round silver glasses. A pile of papers were in front of him, and in his right hand was a pen, lifted in the air as he looked at me with a small smile on his face. I stared at him. He looked different from his easy going and rambunctious usual self. He looked serious and breath-taking.